The Auto Expo is possibly one of the biggest events in the Indian Automotive industry, organised by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) , Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The motor show which kicks off in the second week of February 2018 will be held at the Indian Expo Mart in Greater Noida between the 9th and the 14th of February. In this edition, the organisers will attempt to reinvent themselves to create an involving experience for all those who attend the motor show. Meaning that aside from the standard static display of new and upcoming motor-vehicles, the event will focus on creating a comprehensive mobility ecosystem. The motif for this year's Auto Expo will be “Co-Create, Co-Exist and Celebrate” through which the organisers will attempt a metamorphose the event and put it on the map of Global Motor Shows. On the other hand, the expo will attempt to give the visitors a more holistic experience. Charting the stratospheric growth of the industry over the last two decades. The idea is to portray a complex labyrinth of safety, emissions and sustainability in a juxtaposed blueprint, to share the complex evolutionary cycle of the automobile industry.
Keeping with the theme the entire expo will be categorized into 6-zones each with its own distinct purpose:
- Automotive Innovation - This zone showcases various innovations in the last 12 months by the organisation, educational institutions and start-ups that have and will positively impact everyday lives. Electric vehicles and Technology solutions will see special focus
- Exotica - This zone will see display of heritage cars and supercars and will be curated by their associations
- Motorsports - Motorsports club of India will display rally vehicles and various memorabilia
- Auto Gaming Arena - E-gaming Society to organise first All- India Auto Gaming Championship
- Future Mobility Experience - Virtual reality experience of driving connected and autonomous Electric Vehicles on various roads to introduce the concept of future mobility
- 70 Years of Indian Automobility – A special zone on 70 years of the automobile industry in India, coinciding with the 70th anniversary of our independence
- Anti-counterfeiting – Various engaging activities of SIAM to promote genuine spare parts
- Application Vehicles – Display of various application vehicles like Milk Van, Army Trucks, School Bus, Postal Vehicle, Fire Tender, Refrigerated Vans, etc.
As auto-industry burgeons into one of India’s most defining industrial spaces, the Auto Expo to will find additional footfall and to that end will extend over another additional day – The Motor Show 2018 will witness participation of Vehicle manufacturers such as Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Mercedes Benz, Mahindra & Mahindra, Honda Cars, SML Isuzu, Renault, Hyundai, Toyota Kirloskar, Hero MotoCorp, Ashok Leyland, TVS Motor, HMSI, Piaggio, BMW, Honda Motorcycles and Scooter, India Yamaha, JBM Auto, Suzuki Motorcycles, and many more major players in the Indian market. Apart from the above vehicle brands, there will be some new entrants in this edition like Kia Motors and India Kawasaki etc.
Tickets for the Auto Expo are presently on sale and are available on Bookmyshow.com, priced between Rs. 750 to Rs. 350. Tickets for weekday’s business hours will be Rs. 750 and for public hours will be Rs. 350. The business & public hours will be from 10 AM - 1 PM and 1 PM – 6 PM, respectively. The weekends will be public days from 10 AM – 7 PM, with tickets priced at Rs. 475.