1. Doosan Power clinches Rs 21,000 cr thermal power projects in UP

Doosan Power clinches Rs 21,000 cr thermal power projects in UP

By: | Published: October 5, 2016 6:27 AM

Pushing aside heavy competition from home-bred companies like BHEL and L&T, South Korean’s top power equipment manufacturer Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Company’s Indian arm, Doosan Power Systems India (DPSI), clinched two super-critical power projects of 1,320 MW each in Uttar Pradesh. While the 2×660 MW Obra C project, in Sonebhadra district, would be a brownfield project and cost R10,416 crore, the Jawaharpur project in Etah district would be a greenfield project and cost R10,566 crore. While Doosan has emerged as the frontrunner in both the projects, BHEL was the second one, while L&T came last.

In compliance of new environmental standards for both the projects, the Energy Task Force, chaired by chief secretary Rahul Bhatnagar, adjusted the cost of expenditure on equipment and approved their revised cost.

Speaking to FE, an official of the Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam (UPRVUN) said that now that the projects have been approved by the ETF, the matter would be put up before the Cabinet. “Letters of intent would be awarded by October and we expect work to begin soon,” he said, adding that both the projects would start generating 1320 MW of power each by 2021.

With Doosan’s financial bid being the lowest, another reason for the UPRVUN aversion to hand over the work to Navratna company BHEL is the fact that it has had a not-so-happy experience with BHEL recently. “At a time when Uttar Pradesh was facing an acute power shortage and just could not afford to have any of its projects delayed, BHEL’s laxity on completing works on scheduled made it very tough for the UPPCL to bridge the power demand-supply gap in the state and also put the state government in a spot many a time,” said an official on condition of anonymity.

It may be mentioned that the Mayawati government had approved the central PSU’s offer to build the boiler, turbine and generator (BTG) of the Anpara D project in September 2007 and BHEL had bagged the modernisation and expansion of the Obra thermal stations in 2006. But due to inordinate delays, an irked chief minister Akhilesh Yadav had, in late 2012, summoned BHEL chairman of managing director BP Rao and pointed out that the state was going through a serious power crisis due to the laxity of BHEL.

rani devi
    Sep 16, 2017 at 12:30 pm
    I am an civil contractor I want an civil contract in jawaharpur thermal power plant Etah Uttar Pradesh I have also a crane service 35 ton to 100 ton
      Vinod Kumar Singh
      Sep 2, 2017 at 3:08 pm
      Sep 2, 2017 at 2:19 pm Good day Sir, I am pleased and proud to say that our Arvizon Power Infratech Pvt Ltd based in Noida is executing fabrication jobs for Rural Electrification materials like V-Cross Arms, all types of clamps etc. with best quality in guaranteed cheapest rates in North India. Also, its has in house capability to manufacture all types of Industrial Structural work. For genuine enquiries, please send your queries on arvizonpower or call us at 9873711252. With best regards
        Vinod Kumar Singh
        Sep 2, 2017 at 2:19 pm
          vinod kumar
          Aug 25, 2017 at 9:33 pm
          Sir I m polytechnic diploma holder civil 2016 pass out . Experience 8 month road work surveyor. ARSS COMPANY NAGARNAR JAGADALPUR CHATICHHAGAR JOB kar raha h. Please sir vacancies ho to batao. Vinod kumar CONTACT NO. 9919661976 E-mail - svinody76
            Pushpendra Kumar
            Aug 24, 2017 at 10:07 pm
            Sir I,m Polytechnic diploma holder (fresher) mechanical 2016 pass out Please vacancies ho to banana Sir Contact no 7830419239
              Ranjan kumar
              Aug 18, 2017 at 11:33 am
              Sir I am Ranjan kumar from Dudhi sonebhadra U.P Passed diploma in electrrical engineering I want electrical work Please inform me sir Email-ranjankumar25071996 Contact N.8756964081
                ankush chauhan
                Jul 21, 2017 at 8:05 am
                Sir i am ankush chauhan working on project modern coach factory raebareli with souh korean company as a manager if any vacancies for manager pls inform me i am seeking for some good opportunity
                  Samba Murty tirri
                  Jul 17, 2017 at 8:11 pm
                  Dear sir, myself samba Murty working under a mechanical construction of fabrication. erection of heavy structures for main power house, T G building, DM plant, sea water pump house etc. If given chance I will be try to fulfill my task upto satisfaction of your organisation . Thanks Regards Samba Murty Gujarat 9426642748
                    Deepak Kumar soni
                    Jul 15, 2017 at 12:37 pm
                    Hello sir, I am a electrical engineer engineer and currently work in a distribution sector of Bihar .if you have any recruitment for me then as a electrical engineer then you informed me in my email.
                      ajaj alam
                      Jul 11, 2017 at 6:27 pm
                      sir im sub contoctor electrical i want electrical any work and supller my mobilen.9892027260
                        ajaj alam
                        Jul 11, 2017 at 6:25 pm
                        hello sir im sub controctor electrical i want electrical work this site my mob.n.9892027260
                          Shivam Chaubey
                          Jun 26, 2017 at 1:10 pm
                          Sir I am shivam Chaubey from Robertsganj. I have done my b.tech from shri Ramswaroop memorial university under civil engineering(batch 2012-2016). I have 10 month experience for lab technician from gvr infra project ltd. I wanaa to job in your organization. I am good in communication. If you give me chance I will prove my best. Contact- 7860488783
                            Prashant Rai
                            Jun 24, 2017 at 12:48 am
                            My self Prashant rai .I have done Diploma in 2013
                              Prashant Rai
                              Jun 24, 2017 at 12:47 am
                              Sir i am Prashant Rai form Azamgarh .I have done my Diploma in 2013.(machenical) my contect nomber-9451273116
                                Shyam kumar
                                May 31, 2017 at 9:47 pm
                                Sir I am shyam kumar from Delhi. I have done my b.tech from kurukshetra university under mechanical engineering(batch 2013-2017). I wanaa to job in your organization. I am good in communication. If you give me chance I will prove my best. Contact- 9968150943
                                  pankaj kumar
                                  May 25, 2017 at 3:29 pm
                                  ! sir , I'm Pankaj kumar and i have completed b.tech ( mechanical engineering ) in 2014 but i have no experience . so i want to know that may i eligible for the job or not . my contact no. is 8299803477 and gmail id is ideapan8@gmail that's it sir . thank you !
                                    Rupesh kumar
                                    May 23, 2017 at 8:11 am
                                    10 2 ITI
                                      Rupesh kumar
                                      May 23, 2017 at 8:10 am
                                      10 2 ITI elect
                                        sanjay kumar pandey
                                        May 18, 2017 at 1:18 pm
                                        I name Sanjay Pandey .am mechanical engineer in relience refinery Jamnagar of structure and piping ,steel structure support ,painting scaffolding inspection all construction work with 3 year express . Mobile number - 9106564946 Gmail id - sanjayias70@gmail In this time location - reliance refinery Qualification- diploma mechanical engineer Job skill- structure ,piping ,support erection fabrication and industrial all type structure and piping ,sand blasting ,steel structure .all do entaton work as like bil planning quality of reliance management .
                                          sandeep gupta
                                          May 18, 2017 at 10:33 am
                                          Sir I am Sandeep gupta Diploma mechanical Call me -8090471383 sandeep999913@gmail
                                            Afjal Hussain