New e-filing website (www.incometax.gov.in) features and benefits (Latest Updates Today): The Income Tax Department launched its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June, 2021. The new website aims to provide convenience and a “modern, seamless experience” to taxpayers. “Dear taxpayer, The Income Tax Department is happy to inform the launch of its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June 2021,” the Tax Department had said in messages sent to taxpayers on June 7.
Several glitches on the new e-filing portal have been reported ever since its launch. On June 22, Chartered accountants’ apex body ICAI made presentations on various issues being faced on the new Income Tax e-filing portal during a meeting with finance ministry officials and Infosys representatives. The ministry had organised a meeting to review the glitches and issues related to the new portal.
Along with the launch of the new e-filing portal, the Income Tax Department had also announced it will provide free of cost ITR preparation software for Forms ITR-1, ITR-2 and 4. In a statement,, the Ministry of Finance had said, “Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly.”
New ITR e-filing website link
You can access the new e-filing website at www.incometax.gov.in.
New e-filing portal features and benefits
- Immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers
- Single dashboard to display all interactions and uploads or pending actions for follow-up action by the taxpayer;
- Taxpayers can proactively update their profile to provide details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR.
- The detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th, 2021)
- New call centre for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries.
- Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot/live agent also provided;
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, Submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
Read latest updates and reactions about the new Income Tax e-filing website