CAT 2017: Want to study in a top management college in the country, but not in one of the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). Worry not, there are many other top management colleges that offer you Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree and even Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM). And all this can be possible with your Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 scores. While admission to the prestigious IIM is only possible with CAT, other management exams that include CMAT, MAT, XAT, among others allow you to avail admission in the top B-Schools in the country.
Here are the top management colleges apart from the IIMs-
1. FMS Delhi
2. Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
3. SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
4. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
5. National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai (NITIE)
6. Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
7. Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA)
8. International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi
9. Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
10. KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneshwar
CAT or Common Admission Test is conducted every year for admission to to Management Institutes in the country. This year, Indian Institutes of Management Lucknow conducted the exam on on 26th November 2017 across 140 Test Cities.
CAT 2017 ADMISSION PROCESS
Please note that each IIM shortlists candidates for the second stage of selection which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT 2017 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may additionally use other factors like the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process. The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information, refer the admissions policies of IIMs from their respective websites.