1. Initials on PAN card not matching Aadhaar data while filing ITR? Here’s how you can update your Aadhaar

Every individual is now required to compulsorily mention his Aadhaar number in the ITR form and PAN application from July this year. The government has already said that it wants people to link their PAN with Aadhaar as a prerequisite to filing tax returns.

By: | Updated: June 28, 2017 3:08 PM

Every individual is now required to compulsorily mention his Aadhaar number in the ITR form and PAN application from July 1 this year. The government has made it mandatory to link the existing Aadhaar numbers with the PAN cards of taxpayers with effect from July 1 and has also notified the rules. Moreover, all the existing PAN card holders are required to provide their Aadhaar number to the I-T department. However, linking one’s PAN with Aadhaar is actually not so easy. Most people are running for help in order to rectify every small mismatch.

If you are also facing issues like incorrect name, father’s name or date of birth printed on your Aadhaar card, then you can easily get it changed by visiting UIDAI’s official website. Else, you may also download the Aadhaar update form and visit the nearby Aadhaar Seva Kendra for submission.

How can you update the Aadhaar card?

If you want to rectify any change in your Aadhaar card, you have to visit the nearest enrollment center. No additional documents are required except your Aadhaar card. However, for getting corrections done, you may have to submit self-attested identity or address proofs. Make sure the ID proofs have the correct name, DOB mentioned as mentioned in your PAN card. By using the online portal you can update your name, gender, DOB, address, mobile number and email ID.

How can you check the updates?

To check the updates you need to visit the website of UIDAI. Through this portal, you can view the changes made by you by entering your update request number, which is your new enrollment ID. However, you should know that after visiting the enrollment center, it takes 7 to 10 workings days to get your Aadhaar details updated.

Submit request through online portal or offline mode

You can submit a request either of the ways. You have to upload and submit all the necessary valid documents related to change in name, date of birth, address correction. However, no documents are required in case of updating or changing the mobile number and even email id. Through offline mode, you can send updates to the following address

UIDAI, Postbox No.10 Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh, PIN Code: 480001, India or UIDAI, Post Box No . 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, PIN Code: 500034, India

What can be the reasons for the update request rejection?

There can be several reasons for rejection. It may be one of the following:-

• If you have submitted a wrong proof of identity or address.
  • If you have submitted the proof of identity and the proof of address without getting it self-attested.
  • If there is some text error.
  • Any mismatch found in the uploaded document through an online portal.
  • Mentioning incorrect mobile number and Aadhaar number in the form

You should know UIDAI does not accept any affidavit. Only valid documents which are mentioned on the UIDAI portal are accepted.

Arya
    Sep 16, 2017 at 12:13 pm
    Sir, In my adhar card, only year of birth is printed.Can i applied for new pan card.?
      mahendra
      Sep 2, 2017 at 1:48 pm
      Hi I am mahendra. I will help you for any pancard and adharcard correction online hostflick contact me
        ayub
        Aug 7, 2017 at 5:35 pm
        i apply for uti pan before 24 days but uti pan status is unmatched in pan but what can do plz saluation plz
          mahendra
          Sep 2, 2017 at 1:49 pm
          Ayub NSDL is fast then UTI
          rakesh
          Jul 26, 2017 at 10:24 pm
          pan card name and aadhar card name single splenling missing and dob is also different then how to process plz help me
            mahendra
            Sep 2, 2017 at 1:50 pm
            Rakeshbhai first decide which name you want to use then updates this name in adhar using UIDAI then updates pancard details using NSDL online then link both it will hardly take 20 days
            Manzar Imam
            Jul 26, 2017 at 7:17 pm
            I have different initials in my name in Aadhaar and PAN. Rest all the details are in sync. Still I'm not able to link my Aadhaar. Could Suggest, how can I link it with my PAN!!
              mahendra
              Sep 2, 2017 at 1:51 pm
              Different initial can not link so please math initial in pancard and adharcard but my suggestion is that make full name instead of initial in pancard and adharcard because I have same issue
            2. H
              Hemlata
              Jul 23, 2017 at 9:40 pm
              In both of my aadhar card and pan card my name and my father's name is incorrect. Instead of that can I link the two with correct name and father's name.?pls help
                mahendra
                Sep 2, 2017 at 1:51 pm
                No first correct both pancard and adharcard then link
                SHANTHI
                Jul 22, 2017 at 9:03 am
                I HAVE FILLED ONLINE APPLICATION FOR CORRECTION IN PAN 2 DAYS BEFORE, NOW HOW CAN I LINK AADHAAR FOR E-RETURN FILLING BEFORE 31ST JULY 2017
                  RITESH AMBOL
                  Jul 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
                  DEAR SIR WE HAVE UPDATE DOB IN AADHAR AS PER PAN DETAIL AADHAR GENERATED ON 27/06/2017 BUT WE LINK AADHAR TO PAN CARD ,DO NOT LINK AADHAR TO PAN NAME,GENDER,DOB,ADDRESS ALL SAME THE IN ADDHAR CARD PAN BUT NOT LINK PAN CARD WHY, WE COMMUNICATE TO AADHAR CENTRE AS WELL AS NSDL FOR PAN BOTH ARE NOT UNDUSTEND THIS PROMBEL WE HAVE LINK PAN TO AADHAR MANY TIME BUT ALL TIME THEY HAVE REJECT LINK PLS SOLVE OUR PROBLEM
                    Ashish kawadu madkam
                    Jul 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
                    pan card number available me.
                      Ashish kawadu madkam
                      Jul 2, 2017 at 12:51 pm
                      Pan number availabel me..
                        Patel Amitkumar
                        Jul 1, 2017 at 12:30 pm
                        We could not process your request for linking of Aadhaar {...........} with PAN {..........} as your PAN details do not match with Aadhaar data. Kindly visit nearest PAN Centre for seeding of Aadhaar using biometric authentication facility. Thank you for using our services.
                          Vivekanand G Raikar
                          Jun 30, 2017 at 2:58 pm
                          My aadhar card name pan card name not match
                          1. t
                            t.s.chadha
                            May 12, 2017 at 9:12 pm
                            ts.chadha will you take up the issue with income tax department who are not sync with revised database in aadhar my date of birth was corrected in adhaar database but income tax department is not linkong my aadhar with pan
                              Dhamodharan M
                              May 9, 2017 at 7:22 pm
                              I have updated the aadhar and changes were udpated in aadhar database but in PAN site while comparing the aadhar, it is still showing not match eventhough all the details are similar to aadhar. I think the updates database are not synced with PAN verifying aadhar database
                                surendhar
                                May 18, 2017 at 12:53 pm
                                i am also facing same problem
                                  Pardha
                                  Jul 2, 2017 at 9:13 am
                                  I am also facing the same issue. Is your issue resolved now. If yes, how ? Thanks in advance for your help
                                  RITESH AMBOL
                                  Jul 20, 2017 at 4:45 pm
                                  i am also facing same problem
                                    Arun
                                    Aug 10, 2017 at 11:21 pm
                                    I too changed aadhar name exactly similar to pan name. But still not linking though my DOB and matches in both databases. Is there a time period in which aadhaar details will be updated in pan database?