Train number 15417/15418 Rajya Rani Express has been given a new makeover by Piyush Goyal-led Railway Ministry under the first phase of Project Utkrisht.
Indian Railways upgrades one more Mail/Express train under Project Utkrisht: From now on, you can travel between West Bengal and Assam with more comfort and convenience. Recently, train number 15417/15418 Rajya Rani Express has been given a new makeover by Piyush Goyal-led Railway Ministry under the first phase of Project Utkrisht. The train, which operates under North-East Frontier railway zone is a tri-weekly Express train. The Rajya Rani Express connects Alipurduar Junction in West Bengal to Shilghat Town in Assam.
Under Project Utkrisht, the train has been provided several modern passenger-friendly amenities, which will help passengers enjoy a more comfortable ride. Following are some of the major upgradations that you will be able to experience while travelling on Rajya Rani Express:
- Indian Railways to redevelop Nellore, Tirupati, CSMT, Baiyyappanahalli stations into world-class hubs; details
- IRCTC Kashi Mahakal Express flagged off by PM Modi; check time-table, booking & refund rules of private train
- This will be the New Delhi railway station soon! Indian Railways ready with big Rs 6,500 crore revamp plan
- Good quality new cushioned seat berths have been provided
- Vinyl wrapping done in all coach lavatories
- Coach interior along with the area above hand wash basins in lavatories has been equipped with LED light fittings
- Dustbin, health faucet, better commodes, hand wash basins in all toilets
- The coach toilets have been provided with epoxy flooring
- Two fire extinguishers provided in each coach
- For complaints/fire safety/assistance from on-board Staff, Unified Single Information poster has been provided at the doorway area
- For improving air circulation in all coach toilets, provision has been made for venturi system
- High resolution printed heritage scenery provided at the doorway area and coupes
- Aluminum chequered plate provided in door ways and gang ways
- For improved flushing, toilets now have dual flush valve
The train number 15417/15418 Rajya Rani Express, travelling from Alipurduar Junction to Shilghat Town and vice-versa covers a distance 558.42 km in a duration of 17 hours. En route, the train halts at 29 railway stations. Last month, Indian Railways upgraded all the 24 coaches of Godavari Express under its Project Utkrisht. Other than Godavari Express, many other trains have also been upgraded under this project. From 2018-2019 onwards, Indian Railways aims to upgrade the rakes of 140 Mail/Express trains under Project Utkrisht at a cost of Rs 60 lakh per rake.