1. Meet Suyash Dixit, the Indian from ‘Kingdom of Dixit’, who now owns no man’s land in Africa

Suyash Dixit travelled all the way to Bir Tawil, an unclaimed 2,000 sq km area in North Africa between Egypt and Sudan.

By: | New Delhi | Updated: November 15, 2017 12:20 PM
Suyash Dixit, Kingdom of Dixit, africa land, bir tawil, egypt sudan land, no mans land Suyash Dixit travelled all the way to Bir Tawil, an unclaimed 2,000 sq km area in North Africa between Egypt and Sudan(Facebook)

Here’s an Indian man who is lording it over a tract of land in Africa. It was a barren land that had no ownership until he claimed it. The man of the moment is Suyash Dixit – a 24-year-old businessman from Indore, who has proclaimed himself as the king of this piece of land in Africa that no one owns. Dixit travelled all the way to Bir Tawil, an unclaimed 2,000 sq km area in North Africa between Egypt and Sudan as per The Times of India.

(Image courtesy: Pinterest)

Dixit, who is the CEO of a technology firm went to attend a software developers conference in Cairo this month and after that, he drove to Bir Tawil. “While in Cairo, I decided to travel to the place. I took a connecting flight from Cairo to Abu Simbel on November 4 after the conference and travelled in a rented car for six hours through the desert to reach Bir Tawil. There is no road, but it was not a difficult trip, although I was afraid of being abducted by terrorists. There, I realized nobody was bothered about it, so I decided to claim it for myself. I planted sunflower seeds there, which is a traditional way to claim ownership of land,” Dixit was quoted as saying by TOI. Not only sunflower seeds, but Dixit also planted a flag that he specially designed for the ‘Kingdom of Dixit.’

Dixit had read about Bir Tawil while travelling for the conference in Cairo. The area hasn’t been inhabited by anyone since 1902 because of a complicated colonial-era border demarcation history and its arid conditions. After returning back to India, Dixit wrote an online petition to the United Nations seeking recognition of his claim. “After returning, I wrote an online petition to the UN informing them about my claim, and requesting recognition, although I am not very optimistic that they will reply. However, in just a day’s time, I have received support from more than 800 people for my claim, so it might just happen,” Dixit was quoted by TOI.

Jagdish Patil
    Nov 17, 2017 at 2:39 pm
    You are one of the bold Indians. Heartiest contracts to you. I am unable to register my self for citizenship of Kingdom of Dixit on site s: kingdomofdixit.gov.best. I am interested in getting citizenship of the Kingdom discovered by you. I am equipped in International Trade i.e. Exports Imports and wish to see that the newly discovered country is developed as fast as possible in every respect. Jagdish Patil Mobile: 91.99875.81684
      veni raikwar
      Nov 17, 2017 at 10:05 am
      Congratulations sir..we are proud on u..I m pharmacist and want to work for humanity with you in your country..
      1. Sk Sandu
        Nov 17, 2017 at 5:23 am
        We make gr8 ciuntry pls cont.91 9571296594
        1. Sk Sandu
          Nov 17, 2017 at 5:21 am
          It may change lifestyle of this planet
          1. Sk Sandu
            Nov 17, 2017 at 5:20 am
            I am proud on your thoughts
              Rakeeb Ahmed
              Nov 16, 2017 at 6:01 pm
              I want to make your country for Nationality. Please contact me 919816375086
                Vaibhav
                Nov 16, 2017 at 10:47 am
                Congratulations sir, feeling proud of you sir. Desperate to serve your kingdom and be a citizen. Myself post graduate (Mcom) have 16 years experience in accounts field. Please let me know how to contact you. With warm regards, Vaibhav 8074081006
                  Vaibhav
                  Nov 16, 2017 at 10:45 am
                  Congratulations sir, feeling proud of yo sir. Desperate to serve your kingdom. Myself post graduate (Mcom) have 16 years experience in accounts field. Please let me know how o contact you. With warm regards Vaibhav 8074081006
                  1. K
                    Kamlesh Sahare
                    Nov 16, 2017 at 10:14 am
                    Congrats Sir, I wud love to be a citizen of your Kingdom.... How can I catch you.....
                      vishwanath patil
                      Nov 15, 2017 at 9:20 pm
                      i also with u sir
                        Virender gupta
                        Nov 15, 2017 at 8:51 pm
                        Dear sir i like your country Plz send me your no. I want living there
                        1. G
                          Gobinda
                          Nov 15, 2017 at 7:41 pm
                          Congrats sir..we are proud of u. ...I want to be a big supporter of u. .god bless u...thank u
                          1. G
                            Gobinda
                            Nov 15, 2017 at 7:38 pm
                            Congrats sir....we are proude of u...I want to be a soldier of ur land
                              Punam sudha rani kerketta
                              Nov 15, 2017 at 2:17 pm
                              congratulations sir , im very happy for you for a new discovered country,what are the consequences of reaching there to join you.Any topmost post according to my qualification i.e M.A. passed. at present working in a NGO as a General secretary in Odisha (Rourkela ) want to work there as country devlopment head,(minister)