PM Modi address to nation: Prime Minister Modi had addressed the nation last week too and had urged the people to practice social distancing to stop the spread of highly contagious coronavirus in India.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced complete lockdown in India for 21 days (three weeks). He said that the only way this country can fight coronavirus is social distancing. He urged people to stay indoors. The Prime Minister also said that social distancing is not only for sick people but also for all members of the family.
Here’s what PM said
- The conclusions drawn from the two-month study of all the affected countries that the only option for effective combat against Corona is – Social Distancing.
- Some people are under the misconception that social distancing is only necessary for sick people. It is not right to think. Social distancing is for every citizen, for every family, for every member of the family.
- Some people’s negligence, some people’s wrong thinking will throw you, your children, your parents, your family, your friends, in a lot of trouble.
- To save India, every citizen of India is being banned from 12 o’clock tonight, on exiting homes, completely
Every state in the country, every district, every village, every town and every street-locality is now being locked down.
- The coming 21 days are very important for us. According to health experts, at least 21 days time is very important to break the corona virus infection cycle.
- Stay at home, stay at home. Today’s decision — countrywide lockdown — has drawn a Lakshman Rekha at the door of your house.
- First it (coronavirus) took 67 days to get one lakh people infected and then it reaching 2 lakh people only took 11 days. It’s even more frightening that from two lakh infected people to three lakh people, this disease took just four days to reach.
- This is why when the corona virus started spreading in China, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Iran, the situation became uncontrollable.
This is the second time prime minister Modi addressed the nation in a week amid concerns over the virus outbreak. Last week, Prime Minister Modi had addressed the nation and urged the people to practice social distancing to stop the spread of highly contagious coronavirus in India. He had also urged the people to observe a day-long ‘janata curfew’ on March 22. PM Modi’s appeal received a great response from people as they observed a self-imposed curfew.
During his last week’s speech, the Prime Minister had said that the world had seen various crisis and challenges but the situation arising due to coronavirus was unprecedented. He further said that India was leaving no stone un-turned to overcome this menace but ‘need of the hour is to be alert and vigilant’. “Stay at home and do not step out until it is absolutely essential. I specially urge the elderly to not venture out of their homes,” the prime minister had said.
As of today, India has reported over 490 cases and nine deaths due to coronavirus.