Jharkhand Cabinet 2019, Jharkhand Cabinet Minister 2019: The Jharkhand Legislative Assembly has 81 seats. As per the rule, the number of Ministers in the state can't exceed 15% of the Assembly's strength. Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers including the Chief Ministers.
Cabinet Ministers of Jharkhand 2019: Hemant Soren took oath as the 11th Chief Minister of Jharkhand on Sunday (December 29) afternoon. Governor Draupadi Murmu administered the oath of office and secrecy to Hemant Soren. He took oath along with two Congress and one RJD legislator. The two Congress legislators who took oath of Ministers are – Rameshwar Oraon and Alamgir Alam and RJD’s lone legislator Satyanand Bhokta. The Congress, the JMM and the RJD alliance won 47 seats in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly. Hemant Soren also has the support of the JVM-P and CPI-ML who have three and one legislator respectively.
Below is the complete list of the new Jharkhand Cabinet ministers. The list will be updated once a new Chief Minister allocates portfolios:
1. Chief Minister: Hemant Soren
Three MLAs — Rameshwar Oraon and Alamgir Alam and RJD’s lone MLA Satyanand Bhokta also took oath of Ministers. CM has not distributed the portfolios so far.
Below is the complete list of the previous Jharkhand Cabinet ministers.
Jharkhand cabinet ministers 2014-19:
1. Chief Minister, all other Departments which are not assigned to other Ministers: Raghubar Das
2. Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, NREP (Special Division): Nilkanth Singh Munda
3. Urban Development, Housing, Registration, Disaster Management: Chandreshwar Prasad Singh
4. Water Resources, Drinking Water & Sanitation: Chandra Prakash Choudhary
5. Women and Child Development, Social Welfare, Welfare (including Minority Welfare): Louis Marandi
6. Parliamentary Affairs, Food, Public Distribution, Consumer Affairs: Saryu Roy
7. Health, Medical Education, Family Welfare: Ramchandra Chandravanshi
8. Labour, Employment & Training: Raj Paliwar
9. Human Resource Development: Neera Yadav
10. Revenue, Land Reforms, Art, Culture, Sports & Youth Affairs: Amar Kumar Bauri
11. Agriculture & Sugarcane Development, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry: Randhir Kumar Singh
The Jharkhand Legislative Assembly has 81 chairs. As per the Constitution, the number of Ministers shall not exceed 15% of the Assembly’s strength. This means Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 Ministers including the Chief Minister.