The South Indian film industry woke up to the unfortunate news of Kannada actor Dhruv Sharma’s demise who reportedly passed away due to multiple organ failures in the wee hours of Tuesday, August 1. The multiple organ failure led to a cardiac arrest which took Dhruv Sharma’s life at a very young age. The actor was reportedly fit till Saturday when he suddenly collapsed and was taken to the hospital. On August 1, the doctors announced Dhruv Sharma dead. He is survived by his parents, his wife and two daughters. Here is a look at Dhruv Sharma’s career:
1. Dhruv was one of the few actors in India who was deaf and mute. Despite this disability, Dhruv didn’t let this disadvantages get to him; instead, he overcame them in the bravest manner.
2. Dhruv Sharma is the son of businessman-actor Suresh Sharma and got his first big breakthrough in the industry in 2006 with his performance in Snehanjali.
3. The movie was registered in the Guinness Book of Records and the Limca Book of Records for featuring a speech and hearing-impaired person in the lead role.
4. Apart from being a wonderful actor, Dhruv was also an excellent cricketer. He rose to fame with the performances in the Celebrity Cricket League where Dhruv won the championship twice under the captaincy of actor Kichcha Sudeep.
5. Dhruv represented Katanataka team in CCL for all the six seasons but a very few people know that he had also represented India in Deaf Cricket World Cup in 2005.
Many celebrities have come out and expressed condolences over the untimely death of Dhruv. “Am so heart broken, shaken beyond words. My dearest Dhruv Sharma you will be missed forever brother. Thank you for ur warm hugs & love. #RIP,” tweeted Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh. “Can’t believe it that this gem of a guy is no more!!#Dhruv Sharma you will be missed terribly!!RIP Dhruv!!,” tweeted actress Priyamani.