Most of the exit polls had predicted a clear win for KCR-led TRS. KCR has already said that he is confident of winning 100 out of 199 seats.
The ruling TRS secured a two thirds majority, winning 81 seats as per the latest vote count in the Telangana assembly elections Tuesday. The TRS will form its second government in the youngest state in the country. Counting of votes polled in the December 7 elections to the 119-member assembly began at 8 AM Tuesday. TRS president and caretaker chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, who led his party to the impressive performance in the polls, won his Gajwel seat by a margin of 57,321 votes.
Here is the full list of constituency-wise, party wise and region wise winners:-
- Relief for Modi-Shah: UP bypolls show BJP’s popularity not hit by double anti-incumbency
- Maharashtra Assembly Election 2019: 9 crore voters, an assembly seat with 1 sq km area, some interesting facts
- Lok Sabha elections 2019: Mamata Banerjee to spell out party strategy at mega opposition rally on January 19
– The Asauddin Owaisi-led All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) won seven of the eight seats it contested in the Telangana assembly polls, retaining its hold in its traditional bastion of the Old City of Hyderabad. All the seven sitting MLAs, including Owaisi’s brother
Akbaruddin Owaisi, were re-elected.
– Firebrand leader Raja Singh Lodh will be the sole torch-bearer for the BJP in the Assembly as all other party candidates bit the dust in the December 7 Telangana polls. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had, in fact, campaigned for him in the segment.
-Mohammed Moazam Khan was declared elected from Bahadurpura constituency here by 82,518 votes against TRS candidate, while four other party candidates were also leading. Khan, who made a hatrick, secured 96,993 votes while Inayath Ali Baqri of TRS managed to get 14,475 votes.
-AIMIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi won from Chandrayangutta constituency for the fifth time in a row, defeating his nearest BJP rival Syed Shehjadi by a margin of over 80,000 votes.
-TRS President and Telangana caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao wins from Gajwel constituency by over 50,000 votes.
-Telangana caretaker minister and TRS candidate Talasani Srinivas Yadav wins from Sanath Nagar constituency by 30,217 votes.
– AIMIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi wins from Chandrayan Gutta constituency.
FOR LATEST AND LIVE UPDATES: https://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/telangana-assembly-election-result-2018-live-updates-kcr-trs-bjp-congress-election-commission-modi-rahul-telangana-election-results/1409660/
(This is a developing story. It is being updated regularly as and when the results are being declared by ECI)