Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for failing to mention the contribution of the Indian public to the framing of the Constitution of India.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi speech on Tuesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for failing to mention the contribution of the Indian public to the framing of the Constitution of India. Here are top 5 noteworthy quotes:
1. “I listened to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi talk about our Constitution a few days ago in the Parliament. He mentioned Gandhi, he praised Ambedkar, he spoke about the contribution of Rajendra Prasad and Sardar Patel,” Rahul Gandhi said.
2. “He even had a couple of words for Jawaharlal Nehru. While I listened to his speech, I could see how profoundly we differ in our thinking,” Gandhi added.
3. Rahul Gandhi said that for Prime Minister Narendra Modi the great people he mentioned were intellectual heroes worthy to be worshiped. They had all the answers to India’s problems.
4. However, Rahul Gandhi said that for him personally, “What was heroic about the people Prime Minister Modi mentioned was their ability to listen to the people of India. They are my heroes not because they had all the answers but because they had the humility to ask the right questions.”
5. Finally, Rahul Gandhi sought to nail the point he was making and said, “For him the real authors of the constitution were people of the country Prime Minister Modi did not talk about. They are the people of India. Constitution gives all Indians fundamental rights. All of us here swore an oath to protect these rights for each one of our citizens”.