1. CBSE introduces Uniform System of Assessment for classes 6 to 9, here is all you need to know

CBSE introduces Uniform System of Assessment for classes 6 to 9, here is all you need to know

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) did away with the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) scheme which was implemented in 2009 and has restored the Class 10th board examinations.

By: | New Delhi | Updated: March 22, 2017 2:32 PM
cbse, cbse board, CBSE revamps exam, uniform system of assessment, examination and report card, cbse class 6 to 9, cbse 10th exam, cbse board 10th, cbse class x exam, Class X board exams, HRD ministry, Prakash Javadekar, board exam, cbse rules, cbse class x exam, board exam 2017, board exam 2017 cbse, cbse latest news, class x grading system cbse, cbse 10th exam rules, cbse 10th exam new rules, extra languages, principal test, education news CBSE introduces Uniform System for Assessment, Examination and Report Card for classes VI to IX.

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) did away with the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) scheme which was implemented in 2009 and has restored the Class 10th board examinations that will come into effect from the upcoming academic year of 2017-18. Now, the board is introducing a Uniform System for Assessment, Examination and Report Card for classes VI to IX in order to prepare them for Class X board examinations that will be followed by all the schools that are affiliated to CBSE. The new Uniform system will be implemented keeping in mind the provisions of the Right to Education Act, 2009. The syllabus for classes 6 to 9 will now be designed on Term Assessment basis with the gradual increase in the learning of the students. PTI quoted a board official saying, “Following the decision to restore board examinations for class 10, it was imperative to have a new scheme of evaluation for classes 6 to 9 because disparities in the system were creating problems for students whenever they migrated to another school.”

You may also want to watch-

According to a circular released by the board on March 21, “With the restoration of class X Board examination, the CBSE will issue the report card for class X based on the Board examination with effect from the academic year 2017-18. As the assessment structure and examination pattern for class IX will be similar to that of class X, the report card for class IX issued by the school should also be similar to that of class X.”

Here is everything that you need to know about the new system-

1. The assessment and examination structure for classes VI to VIII will now comprise of two terms, each consisting of 100 marks per subject.

cbse, cbse board, CBSE revamps exam, uniform system of assessment, examination and report card, cbse class 6 to 9, cbse 10th exam

2. The assessment and examination structure for class IX and X will be similar. The board examination will be marks out of 80 for every subject and 20 marks will be given as per the internal assessments.

cbse, cbse board, CBSE revamps exam, uniform system of assessment, examination and report card, cbse class 6 to 9, cbse 10th exam

3. Additional subjects for class X will be assessed in the following way-

cbse, cbse board, CBSE revamps exam, uniform system of assessment, examination and report card, cbse class 6 to 9, cbse 10th exam

4. Additional subjects for class X will be assessed as per the following scale-

cbse, cbse board, CBSE revamps exam, uniform system of assessment, examination and report card, cbse class 6 to 9, cbse 10th exam

Until now, 60 percent of the assessment examination was pen-paper based while the rest 40 percent evaluated by the teachers based on various activities but now the two pen-paper based  will carry 90 per cent weightage including 80 marks for half yearly or yearly exam and the rest will be marked according to the periodic assessments in each term.

  1. No Comments.

Go to Top