KPMG, a leading professional services firm on Sunday got its new Chairman and CEO. Arun M Kumar was selected as the firms’ chief and his five-year tenure begins today. He will be succeeding Richard Rekhy. Here is everything you want to know about the new KPMG Chief:
1) Kumar was Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Global Markets and Director General of the US and Foreign Commercial Service in the administration of former US President Barack Obama. In this three-year stint, he led a global organisation of senior professionals present in 78 countries and all the 50 states in the US.
2) On behalf of the American government, Kumar has worked to strengthen commercial ties between India and the US.
3) He also played a key role in establishing the India-US Strategic and Commercial Dialogue and a renewed India-US CEO Forum.
4) Kumar was elected by the KPMG India Board and ratified by the India partners. He has also served KPMG US and KPMG Americas Boards from 2008-2013.
5) He received a S.M. degree in Management from Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Sloan School of Management. He holds a B.Sc. in Physics from University College, University of Kerala.
You may also like to watch:
“I am excited to have this opportunity to work with the KPMG team in India to continue to build an organisation that is recognised for their quality and for the impact they have on our clients, our people and the community in general,” Kumar said. KPMG in India has seen its workforce double over the last four years.
KPMG India has around 11,000 staff and in recent times the company has seen attrition of various partners.
In November last year, the company announced that Rekhy was planning to retire and would continue till a successor is found. According to a press release by KPMG, “The firm executed a well-defined governance process for the selection of the CEO that aligns with the objective of building on its success as well as attracting the best talent available for this role.”
(With inputs from PTI)