Yogi Adityanath in Ayodhya: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister today visited Ayodhya. The visit assumes great significance as this is his first visit as the Chief Minister of the state. CM Adityanath visited the makeshift temple in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid complex. The trip comes a day after charges were framed against former Deputy Prime Minister LK Advani, BJP stalwart M M Joshi, Union Minister Uma Bharti and other accused in connection with Babri Masjid demolition case by a CBI court in Lucknow. During the whirlwind Ayodhya visit this morning, CM Adityanath has visited a few places.
Here are top 5 points that you should know
1. Chief Minsiter Yogi Adityanath this morning visited and offered prayers to Ram Lalla at the Ram Janmabhoomi, site where Babri Masjid was demolished on December 6, 1992, according to IANS report. Notably, Adityanath is the first Chief Minister from the state to pray at the Ram Janmabhoomi since 2002. CM Adityanath spent around half-an-hour at the makeshift temple in the Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid complex, according to agency reports.
Watch this video
2. This is Yogi Adityanath’s first visit after taking the charge as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. He first visited Hanumangarhi temple in the town this morning.
Watch this video
3. After offering prayers at the Ram Janmabhoomi, CM Adityanath performed rirtuals on the banks of river Sarayu. CM Adityanath said that Sarayu Mahotsav will be organised in Ayodhya. Apart from this, Sarayu Aarti will be held on the banks of river Sarayu like that of Ganga Aarti in Varanasi, says Yogi Adityanath, according to ETV UP/UK report. CM Adityanath also instructed officials to repair Ghats on the banks of river Sarayu. The CM also said that pace of development of Ram Ki Paidi, a bathing ghat built for devotees of Lord Ram, would be increased, the report says.
4. CM Adityanath was supposed to attend the the birth anniversary programme of Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas head Mahanat Nritya Gopal Das, according to report. Das is one of the accused against whom charges were framed by the CBI court on Tuesday, according to reports.
5. While questions may have raised over the timing of Adityanath’s visit to Ayodhya, officials said that there was no link between the court proceedings and this trip. They said that it was pre-scheduled, according to IANS report.