Akhilesh Yadav's Samajwadi Party has released five more names on Thursday for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. The party has stitched an alliance with the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) of Mayawati and the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) of Ajit Singh.
The Samajwadi Party-led by Akhilesh Yadav has released more names for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. The party is contesting elections in alliance with the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) of Mayawati and the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) of Ajit Singh. Of the 80 seats in Uttar Pradesh, the Samajwadi Party is contesting the Lok Sabha polls While the SP is contesting on 37 seats, RLD is fielding its candidates on three setas and the BSP on 38. The alliance has left Amethi and Rae Bareli for the Congress.
Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav will seek election from Mainpuri. Akhilesh Yadav is contesting from Azamgarh Lok Sabha seat while Azam Khan will contest from Rampur seat. Akhilesh’s cousins Dharmendra Yadav and Akshay Yadav will try their electoral luck from Badaun and Firozabad, respectively. Both are incumbent MPs from their respective seats.
- UP Panchayat Election 2021: Allahabad High Court says compensation offered is less, must be at least Rs one crore
- Himanta Biswa Sarma takes oath as 15th chief minister of Assam; PM Modi congratulates him
- N Rangasamy sworn in as Puducherry Chief Minister for record fourth time; PM Modi congratulates him
Here is the complete list of Samajwadi Party candidates for the Lok Sabha polls 2019:
1. Kairana Lok Sabha seat – Tabassum Hassan
2. Moradabad Lok Sabha seat – Nasir Qureshi
3. Rampur Lok Sabha seat – Azam Khan
4. Sambhal Lok Sabha seat – Shafiqur Rahman Barq
5. Ghaziabad Lok Sabha seat – Shri Suresh Bansal
6. Hathras (SC) Lok Sabha seat – Ramji Lal Suman
7. Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat – Mulayam Singh Yadav
8. Firozabad Lok Sabha seat – Akshay Yadav
9. Badaun Lok Sabha seat – Dharmendra Yadav
10. Etah Lok Sabha seat – Devendra Yadav
11. Bareilly Lok Sabha seat – Bhagwat Sharan Gangwar
12. Pilibhit Lok Sabha seat – HemrajVerma
13. Kheri Lok Sabha seat – Purvi Verma
14. Hardoi (SC) Lok Sabha seat – Usha Verma
15. Unnao Lok Sabha seat – Pooja Pal
16. Lucknow Lok Sabha seat –
17. Etawah Lok Sabha seat – Kamlesh Katheria
18. Kanpur Lok Sabha seat –
19. Kannauj Lok Sabha seat – Dimple Yadav
20. Jhansi Lok Sabha seat – Shyam Sunder Yadav
21. Banda Lok Sabha seat – Shyama Charan Gupta
22. Allahabad Lok Sabha seat –
23. Kaushambi Lok Sabha seat –
24. Phulpur Lok Sabha seat –
25. Barabanki (SC) Lok Sabha seat – Ram Sagar Rawat
26. Faizabad Lok Sabha seat – Anand Sen
27. Bahraich (SC) Lok Sabha seat – Shabeer Balmiki
28. Gonda Lok Sabha seat – Shri Vinod Kumar alias Pandit Singh
29. Maharajganj Lok Sabha seat –
30. Gorakhpur Lok Sabha seat –
31. Kushinagar Lok Sabha seat – Nathuni Prasad Kushwaha
32. Azamgarh Lok Sabha seat – Akhilesh Yadav
33. Ballia Lok Sabha seat –
34. Chandauli Lok Sabha seat –
35. Varanasi Lok Sabha seat –
36. Mirzapur Lok Sabha seat – Rajendra S Bind
37. Robertsganj Lok Sabha seat – Bhai Lal Kol
In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the Samajwadi Party had won only 5 five seats. This included two seats won by Mulayam (Azamgarh and Mainpuri). Later Mulayam relinquished the Mainpuri seat and retained the Azamgarh seat. In the outgoing Lok Sabha, the Samajwadi Party has 7 MPs including Akhilesh’s wife Dimple Yadav.
The contest in this politically crucial state is directly between BJP led by PM Narendra Modi and the SP-BSP alliance. The two arch-rivals have come together to uproot the BJP which won 73 seats in the previous general election. The Congress is also a key player in the state. Although it has brought Priyanka Gandhi in the field, it lacks leadership and strong cadre on the ground. The party is unlikely to make any difference in the political arena of the state.
Uttar Pradesh sends 80 MPs to the Lok Sabha. Elections will be held in seven phases in the state. Results will be declared on May 23.