Petrol and Diesel Price Today in India: Petrol and diesel rate on April 28 remained the same as yesterday. Prices continue to remain the highest in Mumbai among metro cities.
Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Prices of Petrol and Diesel remain unchanged today for the thirteenth consecutive day. Fuel prices were last cut on April 15 after having remained unchanged for fifteen days straight earlier. Today, the Petrol price in Delhi is Rs 90.40 per litre, while Diesel prices were at Rs 80.73 per litre. Fuel prices remain the highest in Mumbai at Rs 96.83 per litre for Petrol. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise the fuel prices on a daily basis in line with benchmark international price and foreign exchange rates.
Mumbai’s petrol cost is the highest across major cities today at Rs 96.83 per litre while Diesel in the country’s financial capital costs Rs 87.81 per litre. The divergence in prices between Delhi and Mumbai is owing to different prices in different cities. Petrol and Diesel prices are fixed on the basis of freight charges, local taxes, and VAT. Currently, the base price of petrol in Delhi stands at Rs 32.67 per litre with a freight charge of Rs 0.28 per litre. Dealers are charged Rs 32.95 per litre, an excise duty of Rs 32.90 per litre is added to the same. Dealer commission of Rs 3.69 per litre is added to the same, along with Rs 20.86 per litre VAT.
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, UP, Punjab, Haryana, Pune
- Chennai: Petrol prices – Rs 92.43 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 85.75 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol prices – Rs 90.62 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 83.61 per litre
- Pune: Petrol prices – Rs 96.47 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 86.13 per litre
- Bengaluru: Petrol prices – Rs 93.43 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 85.60 per litre
- Hyderabad: Petrol prices – Rs 93.99 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 88.05 per litre
- Noida (UP): Petrol prices – 88.79 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 81.19 per litre
- Mohali (Punjab): Petrol prices – Rs 92.62 per litre; Diesel prices – 83.58 per litre
- Chandigarh: Petrol prices 86.99 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 80.43 per litre
- Gurugram (Haryana): Petrol prices – Rs 88.37 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 81.31 per litre
Crude Oil slips
Crude oil prices were down on Wednesday morning. US WTI crude futures traded at $62.71per barrel, while Brent crude futures were down at $66.16 per barrel, according to Reuters.