1. Narendra Modi’s BHIM app hits 5-mn downloads mark

Narendra Modi’s BHIM app hits 5-mn downloads mark

By: | Mumbai | Published: January 4, 2017 6:33 AM
PM Narendra Modi. (PTI) PM Narendra Modi. (PTI)

The BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) app has seen 5 million downloads since its launch on December 31, reports Shritama Bose in Mumbai. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) MD and CEO AP Hota told FE on Tuesday that the number of user registrations on BHIM so far is 1.5 million.

He added financial transactions on USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) — a digital payments platform for feature phones — had jumped to 7,000-8,000 a day, up from 1,000 a day before November 8.

Hota said by March the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform can be used to pay utility bills and insurance premiums.

He believes more merchants will transact on UPI once the Indian Banks’ Association decides on the interchange rate. “While RBI has capped merchant discount rates, or the fee paid by merchants to banks for using point-of-sale terminals, IBA is yet to decide on interchange rates”, he explained.

Hota added that the RBI was yet to decide on whether standalone wallets could be interoperable with the UPI apps of banks on the UPI platform. Moreover, the interoperability of the BHIM-generated QR code with Visa and Mastercard QR codes was some away off, he felt, given the MNCs were unwilling to adapt their technology frameworks to make them compatible with UPI.

V Dayalan
    Jan 5, 2017 at 12:00 am
    It's true but all download by consumers and few sellers / shoppers are opting BHIM app. Government must enact law to make mandatory all shops / petty shops / vegetables vendors / service shop to trade with Bhim app.
    1. H
      Haridas
      Jan 4, 2017 at 5:54 pm
      Namaste ye sab sikhaye jaldi grain ilakome pahunche chahiye.
      1. H
        Haridas
        Jan 4, 2017 at 6:00 pm
        Ye sab sikhaye jaldi grameen jagaome pahunchi chahiye.
        1. K
          Kumari Neha
          Jan 17, 2017 at 4:45 pm
          Its really good for development of our nation in many other lines. I believe that this BHIM app will really work .
            Jayraj Kumar
            Jan 4, 2017 at 1:56 pm
            Must hai bhai aab aaye ga maja narendra modi ki jai ho
            1. कृष्ण कुमार
              Jan 4, 2017 at 3:20 pm
              बस मोदी जी को नेता मानते हुए जो कहें वही करना क्योंक़ि मोदी जी का देश के अलावां कोई नही ।
              1. F
                Fight Against
                Jan 4, 2017 at 9:58 pm
                बहुत सारे सुधार की जरूरत है सरकार मौका दे में सुजाव दे शकता हु !हर्षद गुगलिया 79164242009327452281
                  Sampath
                  Jan 4, 2017 at 3:43 pm
                  Why is playstore showing 1Million, when you say it is 5 Million?
                    Prasenjit Chakraborty
                    Jan 4, 2017 at 7:23 pm
                    I like ur every step to encounter the black money & help the poor people.I wish you modi sir successful every step..sir I am a separate boy in this world.so please help me.I have no house & no back up money for fight my life and make it happy..so please help me.now my god is you..best of luck.
                      Ajay
                      Jan 7, 2017 at 1:39 pm
                      thats very good movement for our country. I have some issue this app is not connect with my bank so what can i do for BHIM app service ?
                        Amareshayya P
                        Jan 4, 2017 at 1:39 pm
                        PRAGATHI KRISHNA GRAMIN BANK IS NOT ADDED.PLEASE ADD THIS BANK ALSO.SO THAT RURAL PEOPLE ALSO ABLE TO TRANSACT.
                        1. B
                          B S
                          Jan 4, 2017 at 2:06 pm
                          Is it works without internet.....?
                            dipak singh
                            Jan 5, 2017 at 2:49 am
                            Excellent it is
                            1. I
                              Inam
                              Jan 4, 2017 at 1:43 pm
                              Yes.amazing app.progress also excellent so far.
                              1. K
                                    urban devloment for
                                      Manjunath
                                      Jan 4, 2017 at 7:58 pm
                                      I like it Sir. Good work
                                        Monish Kanchan
                                        Jan 16, 2017 at 4:07 pm
                                        Please forward the message to the concern team. Please PM Narendra Modi sirji please help I need to talk with you regarding BHIM App sir some upgrades required in that please help me to convey you the message. Please soon reply Sir. I knew that you are very busy sir but I alteast expect other then you some one should call me.. and I also wait for some more time for the active response. This is not a fraud message. This is a real user. Im not happy with the "Interact with PM services" not at all since I was asking from soo many days to for some help required to add something in BHIM App but none of your team called or messaged me. Sorry not happy. Please response to me im sure my suggestion will help this app to spread all over the India and will be definitely benefit to our COUNTRY GROWTH too. And im sure about my ideas. Please reply me Sir. Regards, Monish Kanchan Mumbai 9833914322 / 9870449377
                                          Vivekanand Nalla
                                          Jan 4, 2017 at 2:25 pm
                                          Great achievement
                                            Pratik
                                            Jan 4, 2017 at 2:36 pm
                                            I can not see this app in iTunes App Store.