* Amit Mishra has received his second Man of the Match award in Twenty20s - vs Pakistan and the West Indies in the present competition.
* Amit's excellent performance of two for 18 is his best in T20Is, eclipsing the two for 22 vs Pakistan at Dhaka on March 21, 2014.
* West Indies (129/7) have posted their lowest total against India in T20Is.
* India's convincing victory by seven wickets is their largest against the West Indies in four games in T20Is their only previous victory was by 16 runs at Port of Spain on June 4, 2011.
* India have won their first World T20 match in three encounters against the West Indies. They had lost the first two games -by 7 wickets at Lord's in 2009 and by 14 runs at Bridgetown in 2010.
* India have won 14 and lost eight out of 24 played at the World Twenty20 - success % 63.04 (Tied one and NR 1)
* Bhuvneshwar Kumar (3-0-3-0) has emulated a record for best economy rate (1.00) in an innings in T20Is. Alex Richard Cusack had produced figures of 3-1-3-2 for Ireland against Kenya at Belfast on August 4, 2008(qualification: minimum 12 balls).
* Ravindra Jadeja (4-0-48-3) has captured three wickets in a match for the first time in T20Is.He has conceded 40 runs or more in an innings for the first time in T20Is.
* Jadeja became the second Indian bowler to bag three wickets against West Indies in a T20I. Ashish Nehra's figures were 3 for 35 at Bridgetown on May 9, 2010.
* Chris Gayle, with 154 runs (ave.51.33) in three matches, is the leading run-scorer in West Indies-India T20Is.
* Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Kumar Sangakkara now share a record for most stumpings (127) in international cricket.
* Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli were associated in a stand of 106 - India's highest for any wicket against West Indies in T20Is. The said partnership isIndia's highest for the second wicket in T20Is, their second highest for any wicket the highest being 136 for the first wicket between Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag vs England at Durban on September 19, 2007.
* Virat Kohli (54 off 41 balls) has posted his third fifty at the World Twenty20 - his fifth in T20Is.
* Rohit Sharma (62 not out off 55 balls) has recorded his fifth fifty at the World Twenty20 - his sixth in T20Is.
* Rohit enjoys an outstanding record at the World Twenty20 - his aggregate being 471 (ave.58.87) in 16 innings. His average is the highest among the batsmen with at least 400 runs at the World Twenty20.