Top ten Business News: US Fed keeps interest rate unchanged, Petrol prices hike, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 sale to start on March 23 and more
US Federal Reserve: US Federal Reserve on Wednesday left key interest rate unchanged at 0.25-0.50 per cent, but indicated that moderate U.S. economic growth and “strong job gains” would allow it to resume tightening monetary policy this year. The Fed indicated that moderate U.S. economic growth and “strong job gains” would allow it to resume tightening monetary policy this year. The U.S. central bank, however, noted that the United States continues to face risks from an uncertain global economy even as fresh projections from policymakers showed they expected two quarter-point rate hikes by year’s end.
Petrol/Diesel Price: Petrol price were hiked by Rs 3.07 a litre, reversing its 3-month declining trend, while diesel rates went up by Rs 1.90 per litre. Petrol in Delhi will now cost Rs 59.68 per litre against Rs 56.61, said Indian Oil Corporation, the nation’s biggest fuel retailer. Similarly, a litre of diesel will cost Rs 48.33 compared with Rs 46.43 a litre. While the hike in petrol price turns the clock back on the declining trend since January, this is the third straight fortnightly increase in diesel rates.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 smartphone next sale is on March 23 on Amazon India and Mi.com. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 smartphone went on its second sale on Amazon India on Wednesday. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was launched in India on March 3 and comes in two variants – 16 GB (with 2 GB of RAM) variant priced at Rs 9,999 and 32 GB (with 3 GB of RAM) variant priced at Rs 11,999.
Royal Enfield: The long-wait for the first adventure tourer from Eicher Group-owned motorcycle maker – Royal Enfield Himalayan – finally came to an end. The vehicle that had made its debut a day before the Auto Expo, was launched during an event in Mumbai at a starting price of Rs 1.55 lakh (ex-showroom, Maharashtra). Power for the Royal Enfield Himalyan is a single-cylinder, 411cc, air-cooled engine with single overhead camshaft (SOHC) and a counter balancer. This powertrain is claimed to be the most refined Royal Enfield engine. Coupled to a 5-speed constant mesh gearbox, this engine churns 24.5bhp at 6500rpm and a peak torque of 32Nm at 4000-4500rpm.
10. AirAsia India rolls out self check-in facility at BLR airport: Passengers of budget carrier AirAsia India flying out of the Kempegowda International Airport here can now avail the self check-in facility, which will enable the passengers to head directly for boarding. With 30 self check-in kiosks available at the airport, AirAsia India now gets closer to enhanced guest satisfaction by easing the process of check-in, the airline said in a statement. Guests checking in through these kiosks can directly proceed for seamless boarding, it added. "At AirAsia, it is our constant endeavor to enhance our guests' experience and this is a beginning among many other initiatives to serve our guests better," the airline said. (Reuters)
Aadhar Bill: Rejecting Rajya Sabha’s five amendments and opposition’s appeal not to make “haste”, the Lok Sabha today passed the legislation that aims at better targeting of subsidies through the Aadhaar unique identity number within hours of the Upper Housing returning it.
Vicks Action 500 Extra: FMCG firm Procter & Gamble and pharma major Abbott will resume sales of their popular medicines ‘Vicks Action 500 Extra’ and cough syrup ‘Phensedyl’, respectively after Delhi High Court stayed government’s ban on sale of their certain combination drugs.
Google Maps: In a bid to make navigation around big cities easy, search engine giant Google on Wednesday updated its Google Maps app that now shows a dedicated tab with information for cab services in addition to the existing driving, public transport or walking options.
Read full story
BMW Mini Cooper: BMW-owned Mini today launched the Cooper Convertible in India. Available in three-door version, the soft-top Mini Cooper S Convertible is priced at Rs 34.9 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).Based on the new UKL platform, the Cooper Convertible is bigger in size than its predecessor. It’s 98mm longer, 44mm wider and 1mm higher than its predecessor at 3821mm length, 1727mm width and 1415mm height respectively. It also offers a more spacious cabin since it has 28mm bigger wheelbase.
Read full story
"Priced around Rs 148 and Rs 348, these packs provide the customers with unlimited voice calls to anywhere in India, along with data benefits," Idea said in a statement.
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat: PM launches Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service; see beautiful photos of ferry
- SEE PICS| What happened when Railways Minister Piyush Goyal paid a surprise visit to Kota Jan Shatabdi Express
- Narendra Modi Gujarat visit: PM inaugrates Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service in Bhavnagar; see spectacular photos
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom