- The job: I am extremely passionate about smartphones. With the recent trend of digitization, the smartphone market has become more excited and ever changing. This change keeps me going. Every other day there is a ‘new’ feature that amazes the world. All these things make my role as head of marketing at Lava Mobiles very dynamic as we are on the constant lookout to innovate and experiment to keep pace with the market trends. This dynamic environment keeps me passionate about my job.
- The weekdays: My day starts with a workout session at 6:00 am. On my daily commute, I am usually hooked on to my collection of e-books; this is my daily ‘me-time’. Much of my day is spent on identifying the right resources to build a stronger team. I always try to finish my work in office so that when I go home, I can spend some quality time with my family.
- The weekend: My weekends are dedicated to family, friends, books, movies, and food. After the fitness session, I have a heavy breakfast and catch up on the latest books. I try to catch up on some action movies at home in the afternoon. In the evening, I prefer going out with my family for a nice movie followed by dinner at a restaurant.
My Sundays are well spent with my friends over a typical Sunday brunch. We have passionate discussions about politics, technology and the latest gadgets. After that, I spend my day relaxing at home. Recently, I have also started spending a few hours trying to learn about the nuances of digital marketing. I think the future lies there.
- The toys: Due to my love for reading, I am hooked to my Kindle. I take it everywhere. Initially, I would only read three to four books in a month, but since I bought my Kindle, my reading has sky rocketed to 10-12 books a month.
- The logos: I love the brands which are elegant and stylish but do not compromise on comfort. Comfort is the first factor on my list. My favourite clothing brand is Louis Philippe, it’s comfortable yet elegant. I have a fetish for watches and own a huge collection, most of them are by Guess. Guess is a perfect blend of innovation and panache and thus my favourite in watches. For cars, it has to be Audi, again for the uncompromising comfort it offers while being high on style.
-As told to Banasree Purkayastha