In addition to decarbonising the electricity generation, the industry also needs to rethink how electricity is efficiently transported and distributed.
There is a need for augmenting the transmission corridors in renewable-rich states with coordinated transmission planning.
UDAY has improved discom balance sheets while ensuring cheaper power and higher availability, but operational improvement still has a long way to go.
People’s movement essential to enhance rooftop solar installations in India
BIMSTEC needs create a “power pool” and an SPV for grid interconnections, to increase reliance on renewable energy
For a safe and secure power grid, here is what must be maintained in real time Spectrum auction: Who is the biggest loser? All you want to know
The time is right to deliberate and introduce an appropriate demand response model for our country
The adoption of electric vehicles is closely linked to the development and availability of required charging infrastructure at affordable prices
Smart metering platforms coupled with distribution system operation, while empowering consumers, will support the
development of a wide range of new technologies and services
The real challenge for the scheme lies in making it sustainable through operational turnaround
Distribution utilities now have to deal with prosumers, storage entities and bidirectional flow, instead of just consumers
Instead of bailouts for state-owned discoms, power retail must be run on commercial principles.
- Budget passed in Lok Sabha without discussion; Finance bill, Appropriation bill passed by voice vote
- Assam Budget proposes new schemes for women, education sector
- Assam Finance Minister to present first e-Budget tomorrow
- No fresh tax in Rs 41,440 cr Himachal budget for 2018-19
- Andhra Pradesh Budget 2018: YSR Congress to boycott session starting tomorrow
- Budget 2018: Opposition set to corner government in Parliament on financial scams
- Budget 2018: UPA’s and NDA’s starkly differing priorities
- Why universities need better budgetary support
- Budget 2018: Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s financial session to begin tomorrow