1. Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani: Next 10 years are golden years for the youth in India

By: | New Delhi | Updated: October 17, 2016 9:06 PM
reliance jio, reliance jio plan, mukesh ambani, mukesh ambani news, jio, jio news, mukesh ambani views “Jio is 60,000 people, our average age is 30; We will prove all financial analysts wrong on Jio. Jio is conceived to make sure all Indians have access to high quality, low cost mobile internet,” said Mukesh Ambani. (PTI)

Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani today, in an interview, shared his view on a number of topics from the biggest challenges facing India and how to solve them, where the price of oil, his father the legendary Dirubhai Ambani, his personal beliefs to where he sees the giant conglomerate heading and whether he is moving away from oil & gas exploration. Here are the highlights of the interaction:

* The work done by @NandanNilekani wrt #Aadhaar will go down in history

* India is fortunate to have Narendra bhai is Prime Minister

* I’m clear that for me it’s always the country is first

* I’m not made for politics

* My daughter Ishita came & said the “internet in our house sucks”, that gave one piece of idea for Jio

* At heart, I was born middle class & we’ve stayed with our Gujarati, middle class values

* The next 10 years are golden years for the youth in India in terms of opportunities

* The next generation is very different from when I was 30, this generation thinks about others

Mukesh Ambani was speaking to editor, columnist and founder of ThePrint, Shekhar Gupta.

* The biggest challenge we have is to create a million jobs a month on a productive basis

* Jio is born as a bigger technology company than Verizon; what I have seen in first 6 weeks wrt #Jio, it has surpassed my expectations

* Jio is 60,000 people, our average age is 30; We will prove all financial analysts wrong on Jio. Jio is conceived to make sure all Indians have access to high quality, low cost mobile internet

* We’re the youngest country in the world; the philosophy of Reliance is what young people can do

* Next year I finish 40 yrs in Reliance

* My view is that in the short term, oil will be between 50-65; but transition from fossil fuel will happen much faster

* There was only one Dhirubhai, I don’t think anyone can emulate him. I know my limitations very well

* Any business in our portfolio is not less or more important

* At the end of the day, we have a large quantities of gas & we will invest more

* I don’t think we’re moving away from energy businesses, we’re just positioning ourselves to capture all opportunities. Real opportunity in India is the consumer opportunity

* I speak less & what I speak, I do; I generally think I should speak by my actions & not words

* We also see if our business is creating customer value, employee value & shareholder value

* I strongly believe society gives us a license to operate; our principles of doing business are determined by whether at this scale, we create societal value

* India is now not behind the world; technology gives us power to compete with rest of the world

* Am absolutely surprised at how Indians have adapted to this new technology/mobile internet.

* In 2008-09, we were just entering the 4th Industrial Revolution; today mobile internet is defining technology of this century; we are not in the phase of digital revolution.

Ravindra nath
    Oct 18, 2016 at 10:41 am
    Ambani is the best person of india
    Pradip Shah
    Oct 17, 2016 at 6:43 pm
    MUKESH AMBANI IS THE BEST
    Ravi Shankar
    Oct 18, 2016 at 11:17 am
    Mukesh and Dhirubhai Ambani believed in me and backed my ideas with their money. There is no reason why Reliance cannot reach US$ 500 billion Market cap. RIL can get 250 mn subscribers with 60,000 crores in revenue and 10,000 crores in profitdia had one channel- Doordarshan in 1990 when I was 12 Years old ( returned from Qatar) and I began to develop interest in business from 1992 after P.V. Narasimha Rao launched economic reforms. 1) sent an email about Antakshari, Sa Re Ga Ma and Saanp Seedi. Advised Zee to show 1970's films first, then 80's. Zee Tv concept was a big hit. Prizes for the winners made them happy.2) Advised Ambanis to acquire Indian Petrochemicals Limited a public sector company to acquire proficiency in Petrochemicals, also sent an email to start a 27 mn tonnes crude oil refinery and a 33 million tonnes Export Oriented Unit together with mutual funds and telecom, retail. RIL grew 5-7 times in the 2003-2008 bull market. Sent an email to the Essar Group or the Ruia's on them setting up a 20 million tonne crude oil refinery in Vadinar and made losses but recently sold to Rosneft and Ruia's will get US$ 1.1 billion or Rs. 7,260 crores. 3) Saw the Hallmark greeting cards and advised them to start a Hallmark channel and later subchannels like Mystery, Detective,etc.4) Sent an email to Star to launch an Indian channel.5) Bajaj Auto advised to get into motorcycles.6) Cement Industry: Advised them to make profits and not undercut compeion.7) Advised Raghav Bahl to set up a channel in collaboration with CNBC. Predicted three bull markets to CNBC TV18 from 2003 to 2008, 2013 to 2019 and 2031 to 2037. Advised in an email to Raghav Bahl to sell to RIL. Besides my ideas have helped TV18 to make profits. Suggested tie-up with CNN for an Indian channel.8) Telco or Tata Motors: sent an email to them to make an Indian car instead of only CV's. Sent an email to M and M to make SUV's. Tata Tea: to acquire Tetley .9) ICICI had a big name and was going nowhere. advised ICICI Bank. Similar to HDFC and HDFC Bank. The use of shortened names ensured Indian Capital Markets function speedily as investors used to trade by reading the ticker tape and ensured Indian capital markets are second to none. 10) Advised drug industry that they do not have the scale and competency to develop drugs and should instead concentrate on process patents instead of product patents. 11) Advised Arindham Choudhari in an email to set up a business magazine called Business and Economy. Advised to the Hindu to set up a business newspaper called Business Line and many many more which I do not remember.12) Sent (probably) an email to Atal Bihari Vajpayee government about how 4-6 lane roads will prevent accidents and navigation made easier after the nuclear tests in 1999. Informed sanctions will be removed as India is growing at 6-7% within a year.13) SKS MIcrofinance under Akula was looting villagers with 50% interest rates. Complained and some laws were made in Andhra and advised a name change to Bharat Financial Inclusion. Advised Singapore Nifty India Index and advised Pre-Open Trading to cancel out irrational trades.14) Advised Arnab Goswami to anchor Prime Time instead of being relegated by NDTV 24*7. Theme intro of Times Now suggested. Wanted Interest rate on savings deposit accounts hiked. Christened NDTV 24*7 for current affairs channel as well as NDTV Profit.15) Bollywood plaigarises my ideas and "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai","Three s". "PK" ( concept developed on ET NOW as channel wars between it and CNBCTV18 as to who watches which channel the most and Sultan and Dangal on the Indian wrestling which is far better than American Wrestling. Composed lines on Words the song sung by Boy Zone. Advised the former Indian Prime Minister Mr. P.V. Narasimha Rao to pay the former USSR country that collapsed the full amount of it's debts as others advised one need not pay thereby saving India a friend.
    rishi kumar