1. Your SBI account may be suspended if not linked to Aadhaar; here’s how to do it

Your SBI account may be suspended if not linked to Aadhaar; here’s how to do it

Are you a State Bank of India customer and haven't linked your Aadhaar number to your bank account yet? You must do it now or latest by December-end, else your bank account may be suspended.

By: | Updated: November 20, 2017 4:46 PM
SBI, SBI account, state bank, state bank of india, bank accounts linking, aadhaar card, aadhar bank account linking, aadhaar bank link, SBI aadhaar SBI has recently tweeted that “Avail benefits of the digital life. Simply link your Aadhaar number with your bank account.” (Twitter)

Are you a State Bank of India (SBI) customer and haven’t linked your Aadhaar number to your bank account yet? You must do it now or latest by December-end, else your bank account may be suspended. SBI has recently tweeted that “Avail benefits of the digital life. Simply link your Aadhaar number with your bank account.” It further said, “In terms of amended PML rules dated 1st June 2017, all existing customers are requested to submit Aadhaar number by 31st December 2017, failing which the account shall cease to be operational till the time Aadhaar number is submitted.”

It may be noted that the issue about messages received from banks and mobile service providers was recently raised in the Supreme Court also by senior lawyer K V Vishwanathan, who was representing one of the petitioners. Vishwanathan told the bench, which also comprised Justice Ashok Bhushan, that the people were “in a panicky situation” as the messages received from the banks and telecom service providers were threatening them of deactivation of accounts or mobile numbers if they failed to link them with Aadhaar.

During the hearing, Vishwanathan said the Centre should tell the banks and mobile service providers not to send such messages but they should instead inform the customers about the last date of linking Aadhaar. The apex court later made it clear that banks and telecom service providers will have to indicate the last date of linking the accounts and mobile numbers with Aadhaar in their communications with the customers.

Whatever be the case, you are now required to link your Aadhaar number with your bank account by 31st December 2017. Apart from State Bank Anywhere (mobile app), you can do so through various other channels given below:

Aadhaar linking through Internet Banking portal

# If you are an Internet banking user, then you can log into www.onlinesbi.com and access the link ‘Link your Aadhaar number’ under ‘My Accounts’, appearing on the left panel of the screen.

# On clicking the above link, you will be directed to a screen where you have to select the Account number, input the Aadhaar number and click on Submit.

# The last 2 digits of registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to the customer.

# Status of mapping will be advised to the Customer’s registered mobile number.

Aadhaar linking through ATM channel

# You can access any of SBI ATMs and seed your Aadhaar with your bank account.

# After swiping the ATM card and entering your PIN, Select the menu ‘Service – Registrations’

# In this menu, select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)

# You can now select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number. You will be prompted to re-enter the same.

Aadhaar linking through SMS

# If your mobile number is registered with SBI, then you can send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number.

# If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.

# If your mobile number is registered with the bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.

# The Aadhaar number will be verified by the bank with UIDAI. In case it fails verification, SMS will be sent to you to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-Aadhaar.

Aadhaar linking through SBI Branch channel

# You can visit any SBI branch with a copy of your Aadhaar number or e-Aadhaar.

# At the branch, a Letter of Request will be obtained from you along with the Xerox copy of the Aadhaar letter.

# After necessary verification, the linking will be done by the branch. An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number regarding the status of the seeding.

Rameshchandra
    Dec 13, 2017 at 1:50 pm
    Can I link aadhar no through own internet.?
    1. T
      thanki manish
      Dec 12, 2017 at 5:27 pm
      wow ware nice idea for new India fast banking sector happy to all member fastening and public facilitate for banking sector
        sahab singh
        Dec 12, 2017 at 4:57 pm
        Please send mi link adhar kard to sumited
          Ravi trivedi
          Dec 12, 2017 at 11:13 am
          Please send me a link to submit my aadhar card detail
            Premananda Patra
            Dec 12, 2017 at 9:17 am
            I all ready link with aadhaar card
              ajay meena
              Dec 11, 2017 at 2:12 pm
              Account me balance Mang rahe hai Banke karne wali Sab Aadhar Card link hoga
                AMRUTH K N
                Dec 11, 2017 at 2:03 pm
                I linked my aadhar number using Atm. Again U asked to link it i don't know what's going on here.
                  ajay meena
                  Dec 11, 2017 at 1:27 pm
                  Ajay meena
                    riz ain
                    Dec 11, 2017 at 12:33 pm
                    i have enclosed my aadhar while creating my account .. should i submit it again..??
                      miniswrang narzary
                      Dec 11, 2017 at 12:08 pm
                      Sry sir im given of january..Plz not end
                      1. H
                        Hussani Basha
                        Dec 11, 2017 at 11:44 am
                        First give me money for opening account Then sure I will link my athar details
                        1. K
                          Kshitij Wanjari
                          Dec 11, 2017 at 8:08 am
                          My Adhar No.is 710917782311 plz link it
                            MASTER EINESH SHARMA
                            Dec 11, 2017 at 7:15 am
                            Please my aadhar no. Link my accounds ,my name MASTER EINESH SHARMA ,DOB 04/04/1999 so please sir link aadhar in my account
                              Shaik shabbir akram
                              Dec 10, 2017 at 4:36 pm
                              My aadhar number 6831 1765 3786
                                Shaik shabbir akram
                                Dec 10, 2017 at 4:32 pm
                                How to link my aadhar i don't know how to make it
                                  sandeep singh
                                  Dec 9, 2017 at 8:48 pm
                                  Linked addhar card ni. To my account
                                    sandeep singh
                                    Dec 9, 2017 at 8:46 pm
                                    I want to linked my addhar card no.to my account
                                    1. T
                                      Taj uddin
                                      Dec 7, 2017 at 11:23 pm
                                      Good news all people follow them
                                        ajay meena
                                        Dec 7, 2017 at 8:38 am
                                        Ajay meena
                                        1. Thina Natarajan
                                          Nov 28, 2017 at 1:34 am
                                          I am an NRI/OCI Army pensioner. I received a threatening SMS from SBI that my account will be suspended if I don't link my Aadhar PAN with my Pension account. As an NRI, I am not en led for an Aadhar Card and Govt instructions are clear on the subject. The SBI Branch, as always, do not respond to my emails. They display arrogance and autocratic behavior. They have no respect for a retired Army officer and a senior citizen. Recently they also took away Rs 50000 as lien, whereas I hold huge sums as deposits with them and all I do is keep increasing my deposits with SBI. I am sure the new Chairman will bring courtesy among these so called Chief Managers of SBI Branches. I served the Country with great patriotism and devotion and finally to get disgraced by these Cheap Managers. Time to take my pension deposits out of SBI to other banks if they don't improve.
                                          1. Norman Albuquerque
                                            Nov 19, 2017 at 9:27 am
                                            The order passed by the sbi to link aadhar card with bank account is illegal arbitrary and unsustainable in law That the bank is liable for contempt of court as well as criminal offence