Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Prices of Petrol and Diesel were today hiked for the first time after 18-days of unchanged rates. Today, the price of Petrol in Delhi stands at Rs 90.55 per litre, up 15 paise from yesterday, while Diesel prices were hiked by 18 paise to Rs 80.91 per litre. Fuel prices remain the highest in Mumbai at Rs 96.95 per litre for Petrol. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise the fuel prices on a daily basis in line with benchmark international price and foreign exchange rates.
Mumbai’s petrol cost is the highest across major cities today at Rs 96.95 per litre, up 12 paise. Diesel in the country’s financial capital costs Rs 87.98 per litre, a jump of 17 paise since yesterday. The divergence in prices between Delhi and Mumbai is owing to different prices in different cities. Petrol and Diesel prices are fixed on the basis of freight charges, local taxes, and VAT. Till yesterday, the base price of petrol in Delhi stands at Rs 32.61 per litre with a freight charge of Rs 0.28 per litre. Dealers are charged Rs 32.89 per litre, an excise duty of Rs 32.90 per litre is added to the same. Dealer commission of Rs 3.75 per litre is added to the same, along with Rs 20.86 per litre VAT.
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, UP, Punjab, Haryana, Pune
- Chennai: Petrol prices – Rs 92.55 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 85.90 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol prices – Rs 90.76 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 83.78 per litre
- Pune: Petrol prices – Rs 96.60 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 86.30 per litre
- Bengaluru: Petrol prices – Rs 93.60 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 85.81 per litre
- Hyderabad: Petrol prices – Rs 94.16 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 88.25 per litre
- Noida (UP): Petrol prices – 88.92 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 81.39 per litre
- Mohali (Punjab): Petrol prices – Rs 92.83 per litre; Diesel prices – 83.83 per litre
- Chandigarh: Petrol prices 87.15 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 80.62 per litre
- Gurugram (Haryana): Petrol prices – Rs 88.54 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 81.51 per litre
Crude Oil price rises
Optimism surrounding global demand pushed crude oil higher on Tuesday. US WTI crude futures for June traded at $64.63 per barrel, while Brent crude futures were up at $67.70 per barrel, according to Reuters.