UK says Donald Trump trip invite still stands after report of delay

By: |
London | June 11, 2017 11:57 PM

The British prime minister's office says the state visit invitation to US President Donald Trump still stands, after a newspaper reported that Trump wants to postpone the trip.

The British prime minister’s office says the state visit invitation to US President Donald Trump still stands, after a newspaper reported that Trump wants to postpone the trip. (Reuters)

The British prime minister’s office says the state visit invitation to US President Donald Trump still stands, after a newspaper reported that Trump wants to postpone the trip. The Guardian reported today that Trump told Prime Minister Theresa May that he doesn’t want to come if there will be protests — a likely prospect. The newspaper cited an unnamed Downing St. aide in the room.May’s office declined to comment on “private phone conversations.” It said Queen Elizabeth II had “extended an invitation to President Trump to visit the UK and there is no change to those plans.”
Britain has never confirmed dates for the visit. London Mayor Sadiq Khan last week said the visit should be called off, after Trump insulted him in tweets following the London Bridge attack.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, Check out latest IPO News, Best Performing IPOs, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest Biz news and updates.

Next Stories
1China to build more bio labs amidst questions over Wuhan lab’s role in COVID-19 origin
2Police: 8 dead in shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis
3US Senate postpones vote on nomination of Vanita Gupta as Associate Attorney General