Facebook apologizes to Mafia boss family after posts removed

By: |
Published: November 22, 2017 11:18:15 PM

Facebook is apologising to the family of the "boss of bosses" of Italy's Mafia for having removed messages of condolences that flowed in after his death last week

(Source: Reuters)

Facebook is apologising to the family of the “boss of bosses” of Italy’s Mafia for having removed messages of condolences that flowed in after his death last week. A Facebook spokesperson tells The Associated Press the posts on the feed of Salvatore “Toto” Riina’s son-in-law were removed in error, after users complained that they violated Facebook’s standards. After a review, Facebook restored the posts and apologised, the spokeswoman said. The apology came as Riina’s remains arrived today in Sicily following his death November 17 in Parma. The family buried him in a private ceremony in Corleone, the real-life Cosa Nostra hotbed made famous by the book and “Godfather” films. The private funeral, and the social media controversy, underscored the complicated mourning process for families of mafiosi.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Next Stories
1North Korea defector regains consciousness in hospital; asks doctors to play K-pop songs, US movies
2Robert Mugabe still our good friend, says China
3China’s internet Czar under scanner for corruption