Slimy hagfish inspire 'super hydrogels'
Mon May 23 2016, 7:32 pm
Scientists are studying the viscous, elastic slime of the Atlantic hagfish to create novel “super hydrogels”, for use in numerous applications – from disposable nappies to adhesive plasters and contact lenses. Matthew Stock reports.
More from video section
- Budget 2018: 2 Minute Express Analysis
- Budget 2018: Touched upon all areas including pollution
- Budget is enterprising, focus on health, infra to help India grow
- Budget 2018: Focus of government back, it’s on ‘roti, kapda aur makan’
- Budget 2018: Expected announcements in terms of R&D in auto sector
- Budget is focused more towards farmers and infrastructure
- Positive Budget, focuses mainly on rural India
- Budget is progressive, proposals and rightly balanced
- Very balanced Budget with no populist announcements