Pathankot attack raises serious concerns: Cong
Tue January 05 2016, 6:46 pm
The terror attack on Pathankot air base raises security concerns for Punjab as the state is witnessing a sudden surge in such activities after being peaceful for the last 20 years, Congress leader Anand Sharma Said.
Further, with the incident coming on the heels of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent surprise visit to Pakistan to meet Nawaz Sharif, the party wondered whether he would take up the matter with his counterpart in the neighbouring country even as the ruling BJP said that the aim was to “constantly do the best” to deal with the situation.
“The first (attack in Punjab) was in Dinanagar in Gurdaspur and now in Panthankot, where our frontline security installation is located,” he said.
More from video section
- Budget 2018: 2 Minute Express Analysis
- Budget 2018: Touched upon all areas including pollution
- Budget is enterprising, focus on health, infra to help India grow
- Budget 2018: Focus of government back, it’s on ‘roti, kapda aur makan’
- Budget 2018: Expected announcements in terms of R&D in auto sector
- Budget is focused more towards farmers and infrastructure
- Positive Budget, focuses mainly on rural India
- Budget is progressive, proposals and rightly balanced
- Very balanced Budget with no populist announcements