Oscar nominees have lunch together
This week in the celebrity spotlight: Oscar nominees have lunch together, the NAACP recognizes their peers, the DGA picks a winner & A-listers come out for fashion.
Welcome to the Getty Images Week in Review. Here’s what’s been happening with your favorite celebs this week.
With more stars than under a night sky, it was class picture time as the nominees for the 88th Academy Awards came together for their annual luncheon. A-listers attending the affair included Rooney Mara, Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams, Golden Globe & SAG winner Brie Larson, Jacob Tremblay, Lady Gaga, Steven Spielberg, Matt Damon, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio & recent DGA winner, Alejandro G. Inarritu.
Afterwards, the nominees met the press to talk about subjects ranging from their films to the ongoing Oscar controversy.
1:34: Sylvester Stallone: I do believe…happen. :1:51
2:00: Brie Larson: I feel really…things. :2:26
Largely ignored by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences, the NAACP recognized their peers at the 47th Annual Image Awards. Hosted by Anthony Anderson, big winners included Michael B. Jordan for Entertainer of the Year & Outstanding Actor. ‘Straight Outta Compton’ garnered Outstanding Motion Picture while ‘Creed’ took home three awards. On the T.V. side,
More from video section
- Budget 2018: 2 Minute Express Analysis
- Budget 2018: Touched upon all areas including pollution
- Budget is enterprising, focus on health, infra to help India grow
- Budget 2018: Focus of government back, it’s on ‘roti, kapda aur makan’
- Budget 2018: Expected announcements in terms of R&D in auto sector
- Budget is focused more towards farmers and infrastructure
- Positive Budget, focuses mainly on rural India
- Budget is progressive, proposals and rightly balanced
- Very balanced Budget with no populist announcements