AHA is a pioneer in development of quality standards for hospitals and healthcare organisations
Academy of Hospital Administration (AHA) is an autonomous professional body of highly qualified and experienced hospital and health system administrators from across the country. It is registered under Society Registration Act 1860, in 1987 at Delhi. AHA is a pioneer institution of the country known for quality education, training, planning designing, consultancy and research public health, in the field of hospital and healthcare management, quality and accreditation, research, health technology assessment, policy formulations and health system quality assurance and disaster management education.
AHA is located in Institutional Area, Sector 62, AHA House, Noida. The Institute of Healthcare Management, Training and Research has been established by AHA for conducting various courses, training and research programmes for central and state government hospitals, institutions and private healthcare sector.
AHA has a proven track record of around 27 of high quality education, training, professional consultancy to central, state and public sector organisation in hospital and health sector planning, operational management, quality and accreditation, health systems research, policy formulation, biomedical equipment management and health technology assessments.
- It was the first institution to start hospital and health systems management training courses in India in 1987
- First institution in the country to start PG and certificate programmes in quality management in healthcare in the country.
- Pioneers in development of quality standards for hospitals and healthcare organisations, which were later further developed into NABH Standards by NABH, Quality Council of India.
- Empanelled with National Health Services Resource Centre (NHSRC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India for:
(a) Training in health systems quality
(b) Health systems research
- Provided professional consultancy for quality and accreditation project for facilitating hospitals for being eligible for NABH Accreditation of public sector medical college hospitals, dental colleges, district hospitals, CHCs, PHCs in states of Delhi, Gujarat, J&K and Haryana.
- AHA took the initiative for capacity building of trained certified hospital operations senior and middle level managers/ executives in the country, a cadre highly deficient but in great demand. AHA has trained more than 4000 hospital and health administrators including few from neighbouring countries e.g. Nepal and African countries.
- AHA is study centre for an UGC-recognised university for conducting MBA/PG Diploma Courses in Hospital Administration through Distance Learning–Duration
2-years, 1-year Prog [Lateral Entry], and 1-Yr PG DH&HM.
- AHA also conducts programmes for PG Diploma in Healthcare Operations and Quality Management [PGDHO&QM] and PG certificate Programme in Quality Management and Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations [QM&AHO] apart from various short-term programmes for healthcare professionals.
- AHA has an empanelled team of more than 300 health systems, hospital architects, hospital engineering systems, TQM. It also comprises domain expert consultants and academicians in various fields of health, hospital and allied sectors all over the country in different states, for providing advisory and consultancy support to the public and private sector. It consists of:
- Hospital project management and feasibility assessment experts
- Hospital operations management consultants
- Hospital planning and designing and making DPR experts – greenfield and brownfield both
- Hospital and health systems architectural design consultants
- Single speciality hospitals (eye hospital/ maternity hospitals/ children’s hospital/ joint transplant centres)
- Clinical services planning experts for OPD, IPD, ICU, OT, NICU, poly trauma and emergency services centre, dialysis centre, maternity and paediatric units, cardiothoracic centre, organ transplant centres
- Supportive services:- CSSD, laundry and linen services, dietary and nutrition services, medical records dept, gas supply systems, HVAC System.
- Health systems quality management experts, NABH Accreditation System for hospitals, CHCs, PHCs, allopathic clinics. Accreditation of imaging system and empanelled consultants for NABL certification for laboratory services
- Large pool of academicians and senior faculty staff — MHA/ MD Hospital Administration)/ MD (PSM)/ MD (CHA), MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)/ B Arch/ TQM consultants, clinical faculty staff — for training, education, expert professional advice /consultancy in the field of hospital planning and management, health administration, TQM, Six Sigma, Lean Healthcare, ISO 9000; 2008 System. AHA has more than 1500 members all over the country.
C-56/43, Institutional Area,
Sector – 62, Noida – 201 301, (UP)
Tel: 0120 – 4233761/ 62/ 63
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com