WWE Royal Rumble results 2018: In one of the best top-to-bottom, pay-per-view WWE performances put out in years, this year's Royal Rumble delivered electrifying moments right from the start to the finish.
WWE Royal Rumble results 2018: In one of the best top-to-bottom, pay-per-view WWE performances put out in years, this year’s Royal Rumble delivered electrifying moments right from the start to the finish. There were well-written storylines, new superstars getting the spotlight and the debut of one of the biggest names in the combat sports history- former Women Bantamweight Champion Rhonda Rhousey. With the Royal Rumble concluded, the ‘Road to WrestleMania 34’ has officially kicked off. The matches themselves were tremendous with plenty of top-flight action and special moments that fans will recall forever. Enough of a tease. Let’s get to our extensive recap and review of the 2018 Royal Rumble with plenty of highlights and a grade for each match.
Here are the Royal Rumble 2018 Results:
– Gran Metalik, Dorado and Kalisto defeated TJP, Jack Gallagher and Drew Gulak via pinfall.
– The Revival defeated Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson via pinfall.
– Bobby Roode defeated Mojo Rawley via pinfall.
– AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn via pinfall.
– The Usos defeated Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a two-out-of-three falls match.
– Shinsuke Nakamura won the 30-man Royal Rumble.
– The Bar defeated Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan via pinfall.
– Brock Lesnar defeated Braun Strowman and Kane via pinfall.
– Asuka won the 30-woman Royal Rumble.
Meanwhile, the moment of the whole Royal Rumble was the entry of Trailblazing Rousey who has agreed to terms with WWE to perform for the company as a full-time professional wrestler. Rousey made a surprise appearance at the WWE’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view in Philadelphia. After the conclusion of the first-ever women’s Royal Rumble match, Rousey emerged and shocked the crowd.
It could not have been a more dramatic moment, in terms of the world of WWE. After Japanese superstar, Asuka claimed victory in the women’s Royal Rumble match, WWE women’s champions Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair entered on either side of the ring. Suddenly, Joan Jett’s “Bad Reputation” blared through the PA system and Rousey’s name appeared on the screen.
She stepped into the ring, pointed to the WrestleMania sign, shook Stephanie McMahon’s hand and officially stepped into a brand-new world.