IPL auction sold players list 2018: The IPL auction started with impressively with three players being retained by the franchises through Right-to-match (RTM) card. RTM is for the first time being introduced in the Indian Premier League. Right to Match cards or simply RTM cards give a franchise an option to have a say over other franchises in picking a player that belonged to that particular franchise before being released for the auction. For example, let’s say a franchise has made a final bid for a player for X amount of rupees. According to RTM card rules, the franchise that owned the player previously can get him for that exact amount, over the franchise that actually won the bid. Moreover, in the first half of the bidding session, England all-rounder Ben Stokes emerged as the most expensive player with Rajasthan Royals bidding for Rs 12.5 crore. Amongst the Indian players, Manish Pandey and KL Rahul were sold for Rs 11 crore to SRH and KXIP respectively.
READ| What is RTM?
Here are the players who were retained through RTM:
1) Shikhar Dhawan: Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 5.2 cr
2) Kieron Pollard: Mumbai Indians for Rs 5.4 cr
3) Faf du Plessis: Chennai Super Kings for Rs 1.6 cr
4) Ajinkya Rahane: Rajasthan Royals for Rs 4 cr
5) Dwayne Bravo: Chennai Super Kings for Rs 6.4 cr
6) David Miller: Kings XI Punjab for Rs 3 cr
7) Marcus Stoinis: Kings XI Punjab for Rs 6.2 cr
8) Mohammed Shami: Delhi Daredevils for Rs 3 cr.
9) Kagiso Rabada: Delhi Daredevils for Rs 4 cr.
10) Piyush Chawla: Kolkata Knight Riders for Rs 4.2 cr.
11) Imran Tahir: Chennai Super Kings for Rs 1 cr.
12) Rashid Khan: Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 9 cr.
13) Yuzvendra Chahal: Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 6 cr.
14) Kuldeep Yadav: Kolkata Knight Riders for Rs 5.8 cr.
15) Deepak Hooda: Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 3.6 cr.
16) Krunal Pandya: Mumbai Indians for Rs 8.8 cr.
17) Pawan Negi: Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 1 cr.
18) Mohit Sharma: Kings XI Punjab for Rs 2.4 cr.
19) Dhawal Kulkarni: Rajasthan Royals for Rs 75 lacs.
(It is being updated as auction progress)