IPL 2018 Points Table: The playoffs are almost here, and after the nerve-wrenching round-robin fixtures, Sunrisers Hyderabad has secured the top spot followed by Chennai Super Kings.
IPL 2018 Points Table: The playoffs are almost here, and after the nerve-wrenching round-robin fixtures, Sunrisers Hyderabad has secured the top spot followed by Chennai Super Kings. Delhi Daredevils who had a disastrous season and saw their captain Gautam Gambhir step down mid-season finished last. Although under Shreyas Iyer, Delhi did have a good start they could not continue the momentum. As for Mumbai Indians, ‘April was the cruellest month for them’ but they bounced back winning their last two matches.
The final of IPL 2018 will be played on May 27 at Wankhede between the two winners of the Qualifiers. Mumbai Indians are the defending champions and have won the tournament three times while CSK are near followers with two trophies in their cabinet. Other teams who have managed to put their hands on the shiny silverware are Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders and Deccan Chargers.
- IPL 2022 Player Retention: Dhoni, Rohit & Virat and a few surprising names — final confirmed list of players retained
- IPL 2022 Retentions: From Dhoni, Virat, Bumrah to Rohit — players retained by franchises ahead of mega auction
- Ahmedabad, Lucknow to be new IPL teams as CVC Capital, RPSG Group win bid for latest franchises for Rs 12,690 crore
IPL Standings are determined based on following parameters.
1. Win = 2 Points
2. Tie = 1 Point
3. Lose = 0 Point
If the Teams have same points in the IPL standings after the completion of round robin matches, the team with higher ‘Net Run-Rate’ will rank higher in the IPL Points Table.
IPL 2018 points table:
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)
Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
Mumbai Indians (MI)
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
Rajasthan Royals (RR)
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP)
Delhi Daredevils (DD)
2. Five out of 13 teams in IPL have accumulated 22 points in a season, which is the highest in the last 10 seasons of IPL.1. No franchise has ever progressed to Qualifier with less than 14 points ever since the inception of IPL.IPL Standings Trivia:
3. Delhi Daredevils & Deccan Chargers are the only 2 teams to have accumulated 4 points in an IPL season which is the lowest points accumulated by any team.
4. KKR, SRH & Deccan Chargers are the only team which has never finished 1st in IPL Points table but won the IPL trophy.
5. Delhi Daredevils has finished 1st in IPL Points Table twice but never won IPL Trophy.