Anil Khanna, President of Asian Tennis Federation and Vice President of International Tennis Federation, was today elected as the Honourary Life President of the All India Tennis Association (AITA) here.
Khanna’s name was proposed for unanimous election at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the AITA today by 23 affiliated units.
Khanna, however, declined to take up the position of president till the time the matter relating to sports code is finally settled with consideration of Mudgal Committee Report and acceptance of the Age and Tenure Guidelines by IOA, IOC and ITF.
AITA already has two honourary Life Presidents — SM Krishna and Yashwant Sinha.
The following are elected unanimously as the office bearers for the period 2016-2020:
- Vice Presidents: Aneil Mahajan, Bharat Oza, Chintan N Parikh, CS Sunder Raju, Maj Dalbir Singh, Deepender Hooda, MA Alagappan, Mrs Praveen Mahajan, Rajan Kashyap, Shatrughan Sinha
- Honourary Secretary General: Hironmoy Chatterjee
- Honourary Joint Secretaries: Suman Kapur, Anil Dhupar
- Honourary Treasurer: Raktim Saikia
- Executive Committee for the period 2016-2018: AB Prasad, Vikram Singh Sisodia, Ashok Kumar, Asit Tripathy, CBN Reddy, Murti Gupta, Dinesh Arora, TD Francis, Sunder Iyer, CP Kacker, Subhash Marriya, Noorudin Mather.