From the first velocipede and chain driven bicycles, to the golden age of electric bikes and scooters, the world has seen a surge in enhanced technology and design elements. Today, it might seem like electric scooters were inevitable, and their lightning-fast takeover of the entire world was always meant to happen.
Having an electric vehicle will always be super comfortable as it helps get rid of expenses like petrol and time-killing monthly servicing. But with new advancements comes new responsibilities. As the battery is the heart of these electric vehicles, owning an electric vehicle makes the user accountable to maintain its battery health.
Below are some of the common mistakes which can help users maintain battery health for their electric vehicles:
- Surcharged batteries: Almost every EV owner ends up overcharging the batteries. Most EVs come with a recommended charging range of 20-80%. The best way to maintain a battery is by charging it regularly and keeping it within a healthy range. *
- Exposed to extreme temperatures: High temperatures can lead to the degradation of the battery, while low temperatures can hamper its performance. Ideally, the EVs should be parked in a covered area or a garage to avoid extreme temperature exposure. *
- Reckless driving habits: Driving at a steady speed, avoiding sudden acceleration and braking, these are a few factors which can improve performance of any vehicle. Thus, efficient driving habits can be of great importance for maintaining EVs battery health. *
- Using old batteries: Using batteries older than 2-3 years can lead to effects like loss of rated capacity, frequent rise in temperature, less charge acceptance, high internal resistance, lower voltage and high self-discharge. *
So, with a little care and attention, EVs can be of great use over the years to come. Incorporating these tips into the EV maintenance routine can help optimize the battery performance and extend its lifespan.
There is no harm in investing in the health of your vehicle. Thus, to help secure the insured’s EV from any potential financial loss or damage in case of events like accidents, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance’s Electric Vehicle Insurance offers a comprehensive insurance policy. *
With the vision to deliver end-to-end solutions, the company offers innovative products and services assuring the insured stays worry-free as the vehicle hits the road. The services include:
- Dedicated EV Helpline: Providing 24×7 assistance services, catering all the queries.
- SOS: Emergency SOS call provision, with the vision to assist and deal with a situation regardless of where the insured is in India. *
- On-Site Charging: Portable mobile charging is the first of its kind service in India, providing instant charging support on the way to complete the journey in no time. *
- Pickup & Drop: Towing electric vehicles will be arranged in case of circumstances like out of energy, breakdown and accident. *
Benefits of having an Electric Car Insurance:
- Wholistic coverage
- Breakdown services
- Third party liability from person/property
- To cover legal mandate
- Vehicle damage protection
- Personal accident covers
- Cashless claim process
- Network garages access
To know more, visit Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and get a quote today!
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions, please read sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.