title-bar

Front Page

Mudra Yojna: About 25 per cent of this year’s target met in just one month

The number of Mudra loans sanctioned also surged to 5.41 crore as of March 22 (FY19), up from 3.89 crore a month before and compared with 4.81 crore in the entire FY18.

Economy News

Netas ditching SUVs? Lok Sabha elections fail to shore up utility vehicles sales

Netas and political party workers might be going from pillar to post in convoys of SUVs to campaign for elections, but SUV sales remain lacklustre despite poll season. This would be the third consecut

Elections News

New e-commerce policy: Push for level playing field for offline, online players

Sources told FE that Meity, in its submission to the department for promotion of industry and internal trade (DPIIT), which is formulating the policy, has emphasised that whatever is the rule for bric

Industry News

Supreme Court threatens Singh brothers with jail term — what angered SC

A bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said it will now hear on April 11 the contempt petition by Daiichi against the brothers for non-payment of the arbitral award.

supreme court, electoral bonds, electoral bonds verdict, supreme court news, supreme court live News

Jet Airways crisis: Lessors to deregister 15 grounded aircraft

Jet's lenders, led by State Bank of India (SBI), last month agreed to bailout the airline in a complex deal that involved the banks taking a majority stake in the company, while they continue looking

Jet Airways, IOC, Fuel Supply, आईओसी, जेट एयरवेज, Financial Crisis, SBI, Aircraft Grounded News

Jet Airways crisis: No consensus on fund infusion yet

However, the major crisis before the airline is cash crunch because of which it has so far grounded 71 aircraft and is operating only 26 as on Thursday. Its employees have not been paid salaries since

Industry News

GST on liquor: Two contradictory rulings raise scope of litigation

Both the firms wanted clarity on the applicability of GST on proceeds received from contract bottling units (CBUs). Sale of alcohol for human consumption is outside GST purview, and only state-specif

Karnataka Appellate Authority for Advance Ruling (AAAR), Maharashtra AAR, GST , United Breweries , CBUs , News

RBI cuts rates, but money to stay costly — Explained

The committee projected retail inflation at 2.4% for the previous quarter from earlier projection of 2.8%, while also substantially lowering the forecast to 2.9-3.0% range for H1FY20 from 3.2-3.4% pre

Economy News

RBI to put out new rules to deal with stressed assets

It also required banks to finalise a resolution plan for such defaults of over `2,000 crore within 180 days, and if they failed in doing so, the account would be subject to the Insolvency and Bankrup

Banking & Finance News

Airtel says it’s not in race to acquire Zee Entertainment

A representative for Zee told Bloomberg that the company doesn’t comment on speculation though it is in “steady dialogue” with potential partners.

Industry News

MCC violation: President sends EC note on Kalyan Singh to govt for action

He quit the post when the Commission expressed displeasure over the misuse of official machinery for his son’s poll campaign.

Elections News

NIIF-Roadies platform to invest $2 billion in roads

NIIF currently manages capital invested through three funds: NIIF Master Fund (focuses mainly on core infrastructure and operating assets); NIIF Fund of Funds (invests in funds managed by third-party

Infrastructure News

New WhatsApp feature: You can now decline group invites

WhatsApp users can enable this feature through the ‘settings’ tab which will have three options — “nobody”, “my contacts”, or “everyone”. If they choose “nobody”, users will have

Industry News

Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Why they matter in UP? Low down the social ladder, and small in numbers

In the event of the Muslim vote splitting (Saharanpur) or the Jats not fully backing a Muslim SP candidate (Kairana), it is the so-called non-dominant rural castes that can make the difference between

Kairana, , BJP, CONGRESS, LOK SABHA POLLS, ELECTIONS, LOK SABHA ELECTIONS 2019, UP News

IL&FS Resolution: New board continues to face challenges

The group as an operational action has classified 169 domestic entities of the group into ‘Green’, ‘Amber’and ‘Red’ categories. The total debt under the red category is `61,375 crore, in a

Industry News

Monsoon seen below normal on El Nino threat: Skymet

India has a 55% chance of a below-normal monsoon, 30% probability of normal showers and a 15% chance of a drought. The Pacific Ocean has become strongly warmer than average. The model projections call

Economy News

Jet Airways crisis: More groundings as bank funds not in yet

The airline is left with only 15 aircraft on domestic routes; its eligibility to fly international will be examined.

Industry News

Foxconn all set to begin trial production of IPhone X range in India

In December, the Hindu newspaper reported that Foxconn would make iPhones at the Chennai plant in 2019, citing an announcement at a cabinet meeting led by Tamil Nadu’s chief minister Edappadi K Pala

Industry News

Kalyan Singh in trouble; EC says Rajasthan governor violated model code

Singh courted controversy last week when he told reporters in Aligarh on March 23 that everyone wants Modi to win and that it’s necessary for the country.

Elections News

WhatsApp launches service to check fake news; here’s how it will work

“The response will indicate if information is classified as true, false, misleading, disputed or out of scope and include any other related information that is available,” the statement said.

Industry News

Congress manifesto: Rahul Gandhi promises GST 2.0, abolition of Niti Aayog

The Congress also promised to "revitalise" institutions like Reserve Bank of India, Election Commission and CBI, by restoring their autonomy while making them accountable to Parliament.

Elections News

Bad loans: Supreme Court ruling a big blow to banks, defaulters rejoice

“Voiding of the circular is credit negative for Indian banks. (The circular) may now have to be watered down...The resolution of stressed loans impacted by the circular will be further delayed as th

Economy News

SBI moves SC against StanC’s Rs 3.5k-crore claim in Essar Steel case

Essar Steel was among the 12 companies referred by the RBI for insolvency proceedings.

Industry News

Facebook removes 700 accounts, pages linked to BJP and Congress ahead of Lok Sabha elections

The social media giant also said that it had removed several pages in Pakistan that the company claims were linked to the media wing of the Pakistani military.

Elections News

Maruti sales decline as car market sees slowest growth in 4 years

During the beginning of the fiscal year 2019, SIAM had projected a growth of around 10% for PVs, which it revised downwards after October 2018.

Industry News

Housing.com’s parent firm buys home rental platform FastFox for Rs 100 crore

Elara plans to use its capital and expertise to expand FastFox’s offering to other markets in India.

Industry News

GST collection hits Rs 1.06L crore in March, 2018-19 mopup falls short by Rs 60,000 crore

Achieving this steep target would call for a substantial increase in the tax base by plugging the existing leakages, as room for the increase in tax rate seems limited,” Pratik Jain, partner and lea

Economy News
Advertisement
Income Tax Calculator, Budget 2019, How to Calculate Income Tax

 

Stock Market

 

 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Switch to Hindi Edition