P Chidambaram assets: in 5 points, from gold, silver to cash, all you want to know about what former FM owns
Congress leader and former finance minister P Chidambaram (70), who has been constantly in the news recently over his role in The Ishrat Jehan fake encounter as well as his controversial views expressed over the last few months as well as alleged dealings of his son Karti has revealed all the property and other assets that he and his family owns.
Congress leader and former finance minister P Chidambaram (70), who has been constantly in the news recently over his role in The Ishrat Jehan fake encounter as well as his controversial views expressed over the last few months as well as alleged dealings of his son Karti has revealed all the property and other assets that he and his family owns. According to his affidavit, Chidambaram has described himself as a senior Advocate in the Supreme Court and his wife as a senior Advocate in the Madras High Court. Here is all you want to know in 5 brief points about P Chidambaram's assets: (Twitter)
1. P Chidambaram, his wife and family have total assets worth Rs 95 crore, according to the affidavit filed by him to contest the Rajya Sabha election. Chidambaram filed his nomination papers for biennial elections to Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra.(PTI)
2. P Chidambaram and his family have movable properties worth Rs 54.30 crore while he and his family own immovable properties worth Rs 41.35 crores. Chidambaram showed a total income of Rs 8.58 crore for the year 2014-15 while his spouse (Nalini Chidambaram) showed income of Rs 1.25 crore for the same period during the filing of income tax returns. (PTI)
3. P Chidambaram has movable properties of Rs 42.95 crore and immovable properties worth Rs. 4.25 crore. His wife Nalini Chidambaram is the owner of movable properties worth Rs 11.23 crore and immovable properties worth Rs 25.03 crore. P Chidambaram has shown Rs 3.50 lakh cash in hand and his wife has cash in hand Rs 1.24 lakh. He has bank accounts in 13 branches of different banks spanning from Chennai to New Delhi to Karnataka while Nalini has six bank accounts in different places. (PTI)
4. Under the details of movable assets, the affidavit says P Chidambaram possesses 32 gram gold (worth Rs 87,232) and 3.25 carat diamond worth Rs 97,500. His wife has 1.43 kg gold (worth Rs 39.17 lakh) and 52 kg silver worth Rs 20.46 lakh and 76.61 carat diamond of Rs 22.98 lakh. Chidambaram has one Honda and one Skoda car while his wife has a Toyota Innova car. (Reuters)
5. Under the details of immovable assets, P Chidambaram's affidavit says he has said that he bought 38.72 acres land in 1994 for Rs 25.16 lakh in Karnataka and thereafter developed it by investing another Rs 3.77 lakh into it and the current market value of this piece of property is Rs 1.93 crore, according to the affidavit. P Chidambaram's Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) movable properties are worth Rs 11.86 lakh while immovable properties have a monetary value of Rs 12.07 crore. (Image Source: PTI)