Frankfurt Auto Show: Rolls-Royce Dawn launched; India debut in 2016, price still veiled
By: FE Online
Updated: September 16, 2015 11:26 AM
Rolls-Royce today unveiled its new open-top model Dawn at the Frankfurt Auto Show that is likely to be launched in India in 2016. “Rolls-Royce Dawn offers the most uncompromised open-top motoring experience in the world,” Rolls-Royce CEO Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes said.
1. Rolls-Royce Dawn revives a rare name, which was first used in 1949 by the carmaker. It sold 28 units between 1950 and 1954.
2. Rolls-Royce is gearing up to tap the country's billionaires with new models, including new convertible and a potential SUV. Rolls-Royce Dawn is expected to launch in India in the middle of 2016. It is confident that India, which is projected to be home to the fourth-highest number of billionaires in the world by 2023, will be one of its key markets.
3. Rolls-Royce is a British brand, which is owned by Germany's BMW, and sells a range of super luxury cars with starting prices ranging from Rs 4.5 crore to Rs 9 crore.
4. How much Rolls-Royce Dawn will be priced at in India is still unclear. In India, Rolls-Royce currently sells Ghost Series II with price starting at Rs 4.5 crore, the Wraith at Rs 4.6 crore upwards, the Phantom starting at Rs 8 crore and the extended wheel base version of the Phantom at Rs 9 crore onwards.
5. Rolls-Royce prices go up depending on the level of customisation that the buyer wants. India is one of the top five markets in the Asia Pacific region for the Ghost.
6. "Our new Rolls-Royce Dawn promises a striking, seductive encounter like no other Rolls-Royce to date, and begins a new age of open-top, super-luxury motoring," added Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes. (Image: Rolls-Royce)