Rain in Mumbai today: IMD prediction says city set for massive deluge
Despite the Southwest Monsoon having withdrawn from the West Rajasthan region on Thursday, the city of Mumbai is set for a deluge and that this will continue for as long as 2 full days.
Despite the Southwest Monsoon having withdrawn from the West Rajasthan region on Thursday, the city of Mumbai is set for a deluge and that this will continue for as long as 2 full days. The spell in Mumbai forecast by IMD is for “very heavy rainfall”. This will also include areas of Central Maharashtra. Mumbai is already receiving heavy rainfall from early Thursday morning. West Rajasthan is always the first area in India from where withdrawals by rains happen, according to IMD. However, these are supposed to happen by Sept 1 and this year, it got quite late.
- Budget passed in Lok Sabha without discussion; Finance bill, Appropriation bill passed by voice vote
- Assam Budget proposes new schemes for women, education sector
- Assam Finance Minister to present first e-Budget tomorrow
- No fresh tax in Rs 41,440 cr Himachal budget for 2018-19
- Andhra Pradesh Budget 2018: YSR Congress to boycott session starting tomorrow
- Budget 2018: Opposition set to corner government in Parliament on financial scams
- Budget 2018: UPA’s and NDA’s starkly differing priorities
- Why universities need better budgetary support
- Budget 2018: Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s financial session to begin tomorrow