PAN Card application form pdf 2019: Once you fill up the PAN card application form, you can submit it along with other necessary documents and processing fee to nearby National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) offices or PAN card offline centres.
PAN card offline application: The ten-digit alphanumeric identifier Permanent Account Number (PAN) is issued by the Income Tax Department. Every Indian citizen can carry PAN card. Citizens from other countries or foreign nationals residing in India can have PAN number. However, as per the Income Tax Department’s norms Section 272B of the Income Tax Act, 1961, if any person is found holding more than one PAN card at the same time, a sanction of Rs 10,000 will be slapped on the violator. Those who want to apply for PAN card offline must follow a few simple steps.
PAN card offline application, form pdf download, fill up
1. Those who want to download PAN Form 49A, can go to https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/forms/income-tax%20rules/103120000000007917.pdf for downloading the offline form.
2. While filing the form, one must fill the application in block letters in English and preferably with black ink, paste a recent colour photograph (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm), provide the signature within the box. If thumb impression is put on the application form, do get the thumb impression attested by Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
3. Apart from these, one must provide correct AO code in the application, Do specify AO code as below if an applicant is a defence employee – Army – PNE W 55 3, Navy – MUM W 11 8 and Air Force – DEL W 72 2.
4. One should not forget to submit Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of birth (PODB – applicable for Individuals & Karta of HUF) as per Rule 114 (4) of Income Tax Rules, 1962.
5. One should provide the POI, POA and PODB which have the name exactly as written in the application.
6. Give details of Representative Assessee in column 14 of the application form, if the applicant is Minor, Idiot, Lunatic or Deceased, provide POI and POA for Representative Assesse also, if Representative Assessee is appointed, write the complete postal address in the application with a landmark, mention correct pin code in the address field and mention telephone number or e-mail id in the application.
Where to send PAN card offline form?
Once you fill up the PAN card application form, you can submit it along with other necessary documents and processing fee to nearby National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) offices. Subsequently, the process will begin and you will receive the PAN Card via mail at the address you mentioned in the form within 15 working days.
PAN card offline fees
Those who are applying for the PAN card must pay a sum of Rs 93 (Excluding Goods and Services Tax) to obtain a PAN card. This charge is applicable to only Indian communication address only. To get PAN card at foreign communication address, a sum of Rs 864 (Excluding Goods and Services Tax) will be slapped.