With almost every employee owning and using a smartphone the contactless payment system is now more relevant than ever as they are very much interested in turning their smartphones into payment devices.
Why do we prefer asking Siri to pull up a song, and Google Assistant to find us the way home? We like inventing and using smart tools. Over the years, we have put the smart in technology, be it voice assistant devices or wireless earphones. We like inventing smart tools as they bring in convenience to our lives as well as give us a unique experience.
Today, every place where we spend time are equipped with smart tools. Our homes have smart security services, our cars have GPS installed and our workplaces let us communicate virtually with our colleagues. Needless to say, it’s imperative that these technologies continually evolve to offer better services to the end-consumers.
Similarly, one technology/tool that deserves an in-depth analysis is the office cafeteria; a space we go to every day! The office cafeteria isn’t just a place where people come to eat food. It’s a place where people come together; the old human tradition to congregate and break bread together. The office cafeteria isn’t anything different, employees flock together with their team members and unwind over good food. Nobody wants to spend half their time queuing up and having to dole out cash with their patience stretched and tempers flared. Employees are often under stress due to work issues and long queues just add to it!
So, here are 6 reasons how contactless payments system in office cafeterias helps:
1. Tap and pay: Contactless payments are 3X faster than cash payments. In large companies, this can make the real difference during chaos. Therefore, the speed contactless payments offer make it an important factor. As an individual just has to wave their card in the proximity of the reader instead of swiping a card, a majority of users hence prefer contactless mode over the regular process
2. Robust security: Security is always a major concern when it comes to digital payments. If you are worried about compromising your standards, a closed loop payment system will put all your woes to rest. As in this process, the chip technology utilized by contactless payments provides protection through encryption and dynamic data technologies, it is safer and more secure than other forms of payment. The risk of losing the card or forgetting it is as almost nil as it never leaves the customer’s hand. Contactless payments protects you from the fraudulent practice of ‘skimming’ that puts your data at risk. What more! In this system, you have the option of turning your company ID into a powerful contactless payment device!
3. No waiting time: Everyone is usually hungry as they inch closer to the lunch hours, but longer than anticipated delay in getting your food to the table can irk employees. Nothing like delays to kill well-earned appetites and aggravate hungry employees
4. No data connection required: Network issues is something that every organization faces and it is something beyond human control. But, wouldn’t it be super convenient if no data connection is required for payment processes?
5. Customize: A contactless payment system has the ability to adapt to any cafeteria environment- be it a big one or small. You need not make any changes to your existing cafeteria to set up the system. Adapt payment systems to any cafeteria environment you need, not the other way around.
6. Increase employee productivity: This is one of the best benefits of a contactless payments system in your cafeteria- it increases employee productivity as your employees aren’t tired from the whole ‘food ordering-payment’ process. The float through their lunch hours and go back to their desks – happy and energized!
Things are getting easier, faster and better and it’s no wonder we like riding the tech wave, a bit spoilt for choice. Customers too are open to contactless payments due to increased improved security, saving of time and not being stuck in the data connection rut. With almost every employee owning and using a smartphones this payment system is now more relevant than ever as customers are very much interested in turning their smartphones into payment devices. Hence, contactless payment devices are a closed loop mobile payment systems are a win-win for both the vendor and the employee.
(By Ramki Gaddipati,co-founder & CTO, Zeta )