You can link your Aadhaar number with the PAN card even if there is any mismatch in the names given in the two cards.
Aadhaar card link with PAN card last date: The deadline for linking your Aadhaar number with your PAN card has arrived and it is time to do so today itself. Therefore, any mismatch in your names given in Aadhaar and PAN cards may be a cause of concern for you. You, however, need not worry as you can link your Aadhaar number with the PAN card even if there is a mismatch. There is no need to login or be registered on the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department.
In case of any minor mismatch in the Aadhaar card name provided by you as against the actual data in the Aadhaar card, a One Time Password (Aadhaar OTP) will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. You need to ensure that your date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar card are exactly the same. However, in cases where your Aadhaar name is completely different from the name given in the PAN card, your Aadhaar number will not be linked and, therefore, you will be required to change the name in either Aadhaar or PAN database.
Steps to link Aadhaar with PAN in case of name mismatch:
1. Go to the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
2. Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ under the ‘Services’ column.
3. Enter PAN, Aadhaar number, name as per Aadhaar and Captcha Code, and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
4. After submitting these details, a success message will be displayed confirming the linking of your Aadhaar number with the PAN card. A confirmation email will also be sent to your registered email ID.
1. Please ensure that the date of birth, gender and Aadhaar number are as per Aadhaar details.
2. If the date of birth and gender fully match and the name as per Aadhaar is not exactly matching, then you need to additionally provide the Aadhaar OTP to proceed with the partial name matching.
3. If your Aadhaar number is already linked with the PAN card with the same name and you want to verify its correctness, an alert message will be displayed on to the screen ‘Your PAN is already linked to the Aadhaar number’.
(With inputs from the Income Tax Department website)