Markets have weakened in the last fortnight after hitting new peaks over the last few months, on rising concerns on global growth.
The BSE Sensex on Friday fell another 251 points to close at a six-week low of 27,350.7 in line with global markets.
* The markets have weakened in the last fortnight after hitting new peaks over the last few months, on rising concerns on global growth.
* The fall came amidst weakening in the European markets where the premier indices in UK, Germany and France fell by over 1.2% on Friday.
* The rupee too weakened further to close at 62.29 against the dollar.
* Rs 865 crore: Net sales by foreign institutional investors on Friday
* Rs 1,742 crore: Funds pulled out by FIIs in the last four trading sessions
* Except for the healthcare index, all sectoral indices at the BSE closed in the red with oil and gas, real estate and consumer durables falling the most by over 2%
* Rs 10,000 crore: The market capitalisation of the BSE SME platform that has 82 companies listed
BULL RUN LOSING STEAM