Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Petrol and diesel prices were constant on Thursday, 4 May across New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Bengaluru. Petrol rates and diesel rates have been steady over the last eleven months. However, individual cities see fluctuations in their prices everyday. The prices of petrol and diesel change state by state, depending upon various criteria such as Value Added Tax (VAT), freight charges, local taxes, etc. The last country-wide change in fuel rates was on 21 May last year, when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman slashed excise duty on petrol by Rs 8 per litre and Rs 6 per litre on diesel. Since the cut of excise duty by the central government in May 2022, some states have also reduced VAT prices on fuels, while some have imposed cess on petrol and diesel.
The Punjab government decided to impose a cess of 90 paise per litre on petrol and diesel in a meeting of the state cabinet. Kerala Finance Minister KN Balagopal also announced a cess on petrol, diesel and liquor in the second full budget of the LDF government. A social security cess of Rs 2 per litre will be slapped on petrol and diesel.
Oil prices fell over 1% on Thursday, deepening steep losses in recent days, after the U.S. Federal Reserve increased interest rates and investors worried about a weakening global economy that could dent energy demand. Brent futures fell 76 cents, or 1.1%, to $71.57 a barrel by 0002 GMT. The global benchmark on Wednesday posted its lowest settle since December 2021.
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Noida, Gurugram
- Bengaluru: Petrol rate: Rs 101.94 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 87.89 per litre
- Chandigarh: Petrol rate: Rs 96.20 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 84.26 per litre
- Chennai: Petrol rate: Rs 102.73 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 94.33 per litre
- Gurugram: Petrol rate: Rs 97.04 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.91 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol rate: Rs 106.03 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 92.76 per litre
- Lucknow: Petrol rate: Rs 96.57 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.76 per litre
- Mumbai: Petrol rate: Rs 106.31 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 94.27 per litre
- New Delhi: Petrol rate: Rs 96.72 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.62 per litre
- Noida: Petrol rate: Rs 96.65 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.82 per litre
Public sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) including Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise their prices daily in line with international benchmark prices and forex rates. Any changes in petrol and diesel costs are implemented from 6 am every day. Oil Minister Hardeep Singh Puri recently asked OMCs to cut the retail prices of petrol and diesel if the crude oil prices in the international market come down and also if OMCs under recovery come down. OMCs incurred a loss of Rs 21,200