Petrol and Diesel Price Today in India: Petrol and Diesel rate on April 9 remained the same as yesterday. Fuel prices are the highest in Mumbai.
Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Prices of Petrol and Diesel remain unchanged for the tenth consecutive day. The price of petrol and diesel has been the same across major cities since prices fell on March 30, 2021. Nation Capital Delhi was quoting a petrol price of Rs 90.56 per litre, diesel in the city was priced at Rs 80.87 per litre. Fuel prices remain the highest in Mumbai at Rs 96.98 per litre for Petrol. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise the fuel prices on a daily basis in line with benchmark international price and foreign exchange rates.
Mumbai’s petrol cost is the highest across major cities today at Rs 96.98 per litre while Diesel in the country’s financial capital costs Rs 87.96 per litre. The divergence in prices between Delhi and Mumbai is owing to different prices in different cities. Petrol and Diesel prices are fixed on the basis of freight charges, local taxes, and VAT. Currently, the base price of petrol is Rs 32.79 per litre followed by a freight charge of Rs 0.28 per litre. The dealer is charged 33.07 per litre for petrol to which Rs 32.90 per litre excise duty is added, along with dealer commission of Rs 3.69, and VAT of Rs 20.90 per litre. This makes the final price of petrol in Delhi Rs 90.56 per litre.
- Petrol and diesel price today September 22: Fuel rates steady for 17th day; Check price in Delhi, Mumbai, here
- Petrol and diesel price today September 21: Fuel rates steady for 16th day; Check price in Delhi, Mumbai, here
- Petrol and diesel price today September 17: Fuel rates steady for 12th day; Check price in Delhi, Mumbai, here
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, UP, Punjab, Haryana, Pune
- Chennai: Petrol prices – Rs 92.58 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 85.88 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol prices – Rs 90.77 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 83.75 per litre
- Pune: Petrol prices – Rs 96.62 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 86.27 per litre
- Bengaluru: Petrol prices – Rs 93.59 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 85.75 per litre
- Hyderabad: Petrol prices – Rs 94.16 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 88.20 per litre
- Noida (UP): Petrol prices – 88.91 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 81.33 per litre
- Mohali (Punjab): Petrol prices – Rs 92.77 per litre; Diesel prices – 83.72 per litre
- Chandigarh: Petrol prices 87.14 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 80.57 per litre
- Gurugram (Haryana): Petrol prices – Rs 88.52 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 81.45 per litre
Crude Oil price climbs up
Crude oil prices moved higher on Friday after having slipped for the last few days. US WTI crude traded at $59.77 per barrel, up 0.3%. Brent crude futures gained 0.1% to sit at $63.27 per barrel, according to Reuters. “Positioning is much cleaner, although the market remains directionally long oil. However, the sudden calm and drop in volatility have attracted passive investors back to the fray as the market structure around prompt spreads start to tighten and the dollar begins to roll over,” said Stephen Innes, Chief Global Market Strategist at Axi.