Petrol and Diesel Price Today in India: Petrol and diesel price today rose after a two-day pause. The fuel rate in Mumbai was the highest among metro citites.
Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Prices of Petrol and Diesel was hiked today after a two-day pause. Petrol in Delhi today costs Rs 91.53 per litre, up 26 paise since yesterday. Diesel in Delhi costs Rs 82.06 litre, an increase of 33 paise. Prices were hiked for four consecutive days last week. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise the fuel prices on a daily basis in line with benchmark international price and foreign exchange rates.
Mumbai’s petrol cost is the highest across major cities at Rs 97.86 per litre, up 25 paise since yesterday. Diesel in the country’s financial capital costs Rs 89.17 per litre, a jump of 35 paise. Petrol rates in Mumbai are inching closer to the Rs 100 mark. The divergence in prices between Delhi and Mumbai is owing to different prices in different cities. Petrol and Diesel prices are fixed on the basis of freight charges, local taxes, and VAT. Petrol price in Delhi has increased by Rs 1.13 since last Tuesday, while diesel price has surged Rs 1.33 per lire.
- Petrol and diesel price today 18 June 2021: Petrol costs above Rs 100 in Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- Petrol and diesel price today 17 June 2021: Rates at record highs; Check prices in Delhi, Mumbai here
- Petrol and diesel price today 16 June 2021: Fuel rates hiked again; Check prices in Delhi, Mumbai here
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, UP, Punjab, Haryana, Pune
- Chennai: Petrol prices – Rs 93.38 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 86.96 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol prices – Rs 91.66 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 84.90 per litre
- Pune: Petrol prices – Rs 97.50 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 87.46 per litre
- Bengaluru: Petrol prices – Rs 94.57 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 86.99 per litre
- Hyderabad: Petrol prices – Rs 95.13 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 89.47 per litre
- Noida (UP): Petrol prices – 89.64 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 82.51 per litre
- Mohali (Punjab): Petrol prices – Rs 93.75 per litre; Diesel prices – 84.95 per litre
- Chandigarh: Petrol prices 88.05 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 81.73 per litre
- Gurugram (Haryana): Petrol prices – Rs 89.45 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 82.63 per litre
Crude oil jumped 1% on Monday morning after a cyberattack on the fuel supply pipelines in the United States. US WTI crude futures for June traded at $65.60 per barrel, while Brent crude futures were up at $69.04 per barrel, according to Reuters.