Domestic equity markets may see some volatility this week ahead of F&O expiry on Thursday.
The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty are likely to open in red on Monday tracking weak global cues. The 30-share index on Friday slipped nearly 105 points to 28,668.22 on account of profit booking. The 50-share index settled 35.90 points down at 8831.55.
Below are 5 things you should know before market opens on Monday:
1) Nifty futures on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX Nifty) was trading in red in the morning deals, indicating gap-down opening for domestic equity markets. At 7.51 am (IST), SGX Nifty was down by 37.50 points, or 0.43 per cent, at 8,796.50.
2) Asian peers were trading under pressure in morning deals following losses on Wall Street, as investors’ attention turned from central banks to American politics ahead of the first US presidential debate. Hang Seng, Nikkei and Shanghai were down by 0.76 per cent, 0.85 per cent and 0.72 per cent, respectively.
3) On Wall Street, Dow Jones Industrial Average index closed 131.01 points down at 18,261.45, the S&P 500 slipped 12.49 points to 2,164.69 and the Nasdaq Composite declined by 33.78 points to 5,305.75.
4) Domestic equity markets may see some volatility this week ahead of F&O expiry on Thursday. Abnish Kumar Sudhanshu, director and research head, Amrapali Aadya Trading & Investments said, “Market ended on a bearish note on Friday amid profit booking on late trade. Broader market outperforms benchmarks as market consolidates at the higher level for a larger part of day trade. Going ahead index are likely to trade range bound ahead of September series derivative expiry. We expect nifty to trade between 8,750 – 8,950 with higher volatility and broader markets will continue to outperform.”
5) Shares of Punjab-based GNA Axles will list on BSE and NSE on Monday. The public offer of the company got an overwhelming response from investors and oversubscribed by 57.43 times.