L&T Technology Services, an arm of engineering giant Larsen and Toubro (L&T), will make its stock market debut on Friday after successfully completing its initial public offering recently.
The BSE Sensex advanced 266 points on Thursday and close at over two-week high of 28,773.13. The NSE Nifty crossed the psychological level of 8,800, on the back of upbeat global cues after the US Federal Reserve left rates unchanged. Today, markets are likely to open on flat note with negative bias tracking mixed global cues.
Below are 5 things you should know before market opens on Friday:
1) Nifty futures on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX Nifty) was trading 10.50 points, or 0.12 per cent, up at 8889.50, indicating flat-to-positive start for domestic equity markets.
2) Asian peers were trading mixed in the morning trade. Hang was up by 0.07 per cent, while Nikkei and Shanghai were down by 0.13 per cent and 0.04 per cent, respectively.
3) On Wall Street, Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 98.76 points up at 18,392.46. The Standard & Poor’s 500 index settled 14.06 points up at 2,177.18. The Nasdaq Composite index gained 44.34 points to a record 5,339.52.
4) Back home, shares of InterGlobe Aviation and Websol Energy Systems will remain in focus on Friday. InterGlobe Aviation, parent of no-frills airline IndiGo, has received shareholders’ approval to increase its borrowing limit to Rs 20,000 crore.
Websol Energy System on Thursday post market hours informed bourses that the company had applied to the Reserve Bank of India for restructuring of outstanding FCCBs. The same has been approved by RBI subject to certain conditions.
5) L&T Technology Services, an arm of engineering conglomerate Larsen and Toubro (L&T), will make its stock market debut on Friday after successfully completing its initial public offering recently.