BPCL and Navkar Corporation will announce their financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2016 on Thursday.
Benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty rallied for the third consecutive day on Wednesday, with the 30-share index surging over 109 points to end at a fresh 13-month high of 28,452.17 on sustained fund inflows. The 50-share index Nifty closed 41.85 points up at 8786.20.
Below are five things you should know before the market opens on Thursday:
- SGX Nifty was trading 11 points down at 8833.50, indicating a flat start of domestic equity markets with negative bias.
- Asian peers were trading marginally in green in the morning trade. Hang Seng and Nikkei were up by 0.27 per cent and 0.14 per cent, respectively.
- On Wall Street, the Dow Jones Industrial Average index closed lower by 53.42 points, or 0.29 per cent, at 18,400.88. The S&P 500 settled 5.17 points down at 2,170.95. The Nasdaq Composite closed down 9.77 points, or 0.19 per cent, at 5,213.22.
- Auto stocks will remain in focus as auto companies will announce their August sales figures on Thursday.
- BPCL reported 11 per cent year-on-year rise in net profit figures for the quarter ended June 30, 2016. Navkar Corporation will announce its financial results for April-June period on Thursday.